• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: British Publisher Will Release Super Famicom: The Box Art Collection Book

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Always nice to look at. not the American versions though. Most covers were amazing on the Japan and European sides.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:30 am Reply with quote
I first wanted to thank you for posting these Interest articles. I've picked up a few great items from these and this is one I remember from recent memory;

Totoro Cat Bus pencil/cell phone holder
http://www.coolpencilcase.com/Catbus-Pen-Holder-p/d2203.htm

I'm certainly going to order myself and a good friend of mine who both grew up playing the SNES/Super Famicom. This is a great piece of history and nostalgia. Really looking forward to reading through this and they certainly did get the better artwork for all of their boxes back in the day. Especially all the JRPG box art.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Say, regarding the arcade game artwork, will they also include artwork from arcade games before video games dominated arcades? I visited Musée Mechanique in San Francisco earlier this year and saw a lot of neat mechanical arcade games that are obviously very old (but retrofitted to take quarters instead of nickels or dimes). I'd love to have an artbook containing artwork from those games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1