• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sacred Seven (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quote
well they actually just switched the opening and ending songs and changed the animation. idk i liked the other song for the op but w/e.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote
I know that! Shocked I'm just mean thats its a new animation and the fact that it's used with Kiseki, the ending song, makes it epic.

Episode 8 was absolutely AWESOME. Smile The dialogue was well delivered, especially from Ruri.

spoiler[She had some good lines like when at the end, she was saying she was "pinky" with Arma, who freaked out because his explanation from earlier in the episode backfired and all the servants went wild thinking it literally meant what "pinky" means.{Which apparently, the word for "pinky" sounds similar to "lover". Lots of great moments between Ruri and Arma, their interaction was interesting. Oni was really funny this episode, especially that line about holding hands and at the end, shooting rock powers at Arma. Also, Arma has a really cool mom. The funny part was when she punched him in the head though. It also seems Kenmi's group was snooping around the area. And their also on to the investigation.]

It was an incredible episode. It's hard to figure what the next episode is about though.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 9 was really action packed. An incredible Episode. The fighting was extraordinary.

Speaking of which, the dark stones with legs{like the medusa dark stone} seem to be able to run REALLY fast. I wonder how many mph/kph they are running at?

spoiler[I wonder how fast Arma is when he is using the power to run? That flying power attack at the end was incredible.]
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
This episode was intense. Shocked I wonder how these developments will play into the end?
spoiler[
Who knew Kenmi had been dealing with Ruri's parents? It seems he or somebody at the foundation was mad that Ruri's parents stop funding them and sent a dark stone. What happened at the mansion was pretty gruesome. I feel bad for their parents. Did anybody else notice that Kagami's dad was really powerful for a human? He did some feats that surpass any normal humans shown so far. He seems to be as good in strength and agility as Kagami is in intellegence, which is very high. Aoi has a very different personality from that of Ruri. Later in the episode when Arma was walking down the street and meets Naito again, it's too bad Naito refused the invitation to join them. It would have been neat if Fei learned the lightstone technique from Ruri so that she can use it on Naito. Next episode seems to put Ruri in danger again. Sad People want to dissect her just because she's a stone. Is Arma going to have to turn into that red form to be able to save her?]
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
That was a pivotal episode.spoiler[They finally show the flashback to when Arma saved Ruri. Ruri got captured by Kenmi's forces and they were trying to get her core. The maids were awesome. Kagami's mech seems to be able to hold its own against arachne. Naito and Fei were really great this episode. The scene were Arma saves Ruri was heartwarming. What Kenmi does after was brutal though. This episode had a lot of tension and good pacing. I don't know what's going to happen next ep based on the preview. I bet it will be an interesting ending.] Can't wait to see the next episode.

This series is incredible, I hope there's another season.
dan7el

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote
Yeah. I've really been enjoying this anime. Looking forward to the last episode, and I also hope there is more to come later.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
The last episode was incredible! I don't remember the last time an anime made me have tears run from my eyes. Shocked I won't spoil what part that was though. This is my favorite show of the year. Smile The ending was just perfect.

spoiler[Fei's dark stone design looks like a frog, very neat. Naito's angel form was awesome and unexpected. Arma's final form looked futuristic. His powers at that level were great! Kenmi's final form was intimidating and frightful.]
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Just finished it. I have to admit that the series was better than I thought it would be. I'd give it a 4/6. There was something really sexy about the main male characters. Embarassed

It actually took me a little while to realize what the "sacred seven" were. LOL So embarrassing! Although, I never could decide if I liked the love theme. I guess I really wanted him to get with spoiler[the rock collecting girl], but oh well. I actually felt kinda bad for her. It at least seemed like she liked him.

The minor characters were really exceptional in this series. I like how they were spoiler[vital to the main conclusion] and didn't get spoiler[written off after their introductory episode].

Good music, good animation, nice character designs, interesting plot, and a nice balance of drama, love and action - I'm happy with it. Not the best, but certainly not average.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Having finished all 12 episodes.........I have to say........

-this show is AWESOME, and certainly an under appreciated gem, I wish more people liked this show instead of Tiger and Bunny, that show is good too, but I like THIS ONE so much more for so many reasons(among the reasons, style, music, action, and location) Crying or Very sad

-that scene at the very end, is it hinting at a second season or is it just advertising DVDs/OAVS?

-...anyone find it weird that Fei and Hung are blonde? Just look at their full names. Lau Feizou, etc.

-this is just a hunch, but....anyone think that it might be possible for Fei to be a boy?

-should I feel sorry for Kagami? I mean, on one hand, he exists solely to get his ass kicked so Arma could look awesome by comparison, on the other hand, he gets spoiler[Aoi in the end.] It's like the creators wanted to give him a last minute bone in the end.

Asides from lots of potential yaoi pairings, what makes Tiger and Bunny so much more popular than this series? Episode length?
MonkeyPaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
The last episode was really epic, but they didn't show any signs of another season of it, to me I think it was to short
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this means there will be a second season or not, but I like to be hopeful.

Quote:
Ozaki noted there are two more Sacred Seven projects upcoming, with one episode in the works currently. One of the projects is known as the "Night Edition," which will be from Night's point of view. Ozaki said hopefully some time next year Sunrise can show a preview of that new project.

I'm hoping that this second project is another season...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4