• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Eiichiro Oda: Sanji Will Return in 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
I think the reason for the poster is something a little more obvious: woman troubles. Think about it, a lot of Marines know what he looks like and a more normal poster picture could have been made, but they went for a face that any woman is more likely to see. Either a female marine officer with enough clout to influence the poster has a thing for Sanji and wants to protect him or feels wronged by him and wants to get her own revenge.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sokpupet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
See, this is a perfect example of why manga chapter time and Earth standard time should not be presented side by side.

It seems like a few months ago that the confrontation with Big Mam's ship happened and then the focus turned strictly to Dressrosa, when, surprise, it's been slightly more than two years since it happened. MCT is downright friggin' wonky when compared to how time normally passes on Earth.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to see what the deal with Sanji, what happened to him, what his full past is, and why he's wanted alive.
But, I hope all that doesn't overthrow Chopper's involvement in this arc. It's an arc of animal people, and Chopper got antler-blocked in Thriller Bark.. making Punk Hazard his only real big role for a long time.

Since experimentation is still involved, what with Kaido's artificial Zoan army and Ceaser's toxins, hopefully this'll all eventually build up to Chopper (and maybe Frank too) vs Vega Punk or something.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
I had not even realised he was gone.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
I can't wait to see what the deal with Sanji, what happened to him, what his full past is, and why he's wanted alive.
But, I hope all that doesn't overthrow Chopper's involvement in this arc. It's an arc of animal people, and Chopper got antler-blocked in Thriller Bark.. making Punk Hazard his only real big role for a long time.

Since experimentation is still involved, what with Kaido's artificial Zoan army and Ceaser's toxins, hopefully this'll all eventually build up to Chopper (and maybe Frank too) vs Vega Punk or something.

I think something major is going to happen with Chopper. Ever notice how manga chapters will have titles like "The First" for Zoro, "The Second" for Nami, "The Third" for Usopp, and so forth? Well, there was never a chapter called "The Fifth" for Chopper. (Luffy is not included.)

Considering the following:
• The chapter called "The Second" is set at the end of the Arlong arc, not when Nami first meets Luffy or when she joins up with them. She splits off and follows her own agenda through the Arlong arc and doesn't truly align with Luffy until Arlong's defeat.
• The chapter called "The Third and The Seventh" is set in the post-CP9 part of the series rather than back in the East Blue. This is the chapter where Usopp was brought back onto the crew (and thus an official Straw Hat Pirate) and also when Franky is inducted in.
• We don't yet have a chapter called "The Sixth" yet either, which pertains to Robin. However, we already have "The Eighth" at the end of the Thriller Bark arc, when Brook accompanies Luffy and the others out of the Florian Triangle.

This indicates that Chopper and Robin are still not official crewmembers, but people who just hang with them and are on good terms with them.

Last edited by leafy sea dragon on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:06 am Reply with quote
Well there's no way Sanji is dead, but it's nice for Oda to say something to at least assure the fans that he'll be around for 2016. I'm sure there is going to be a big event related to Sanji, especially since Oda hinted at a flashback for him. I think though there will be something for Franky too spoiler[since his parents abandoned him, and they were pirates.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:11 am Reply with quote
There is no need for spoiler tags for Zoro's and Franky's backstories. No spoiler tags for Kuina's death or Franky's pirate parents. We already know this stuff since years. Pretty much everyone looking at this forum thread already knows that stuff or aren't One Piece fans and don't give a crap about that.
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I think the reason for the poster is something a little more obvious: woman troubles. Think about it, a lot of Marines know what he looks like and a more normal poster picture could have been made, but they went for a face that any woman is more likely to see. Either a female marine officer with enough clout to influence the poster has a thing for Sanji and wants to protect him or feels wronged by him and wants to get her own revenge.

Emerje

Actually the guy who tried to get a photograph of sanji forgot to remove the lens cap from his camera. He was also a bad artist...so I'm guessing it was just a coincidence. [/img]
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I think the original post was about Sanji's second wanted poster, where the photographer (Absa, I believe) DID manage to get a clean photo of Sanji. Problem is that he took a photo when Sanji was swooning over some woman and is wearing a comically exaggerated facial expression.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2