• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya Next Dimension Manga's New Season Enters Final Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
kloricker wrote:
I still don't understand how Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas wasn't a success.

Wait, what? Lost Canvas got two OVA series. How can that not be a success?

Wasn't it Kurumada himself that retconned that series out of existence by creating this Next Dimension manga? (Haven't read it, but that's what I've heard.) A dick move, if true.

Kurumada collaborated with Teshirogi Shiroi with Lost Canvas. Lost Canvas leading up to Next Dimesion re-telling same story in another perspective back tracking to the Original Saint Seiya with Pegasus Seiya after Heaven's Arc (which was already animated movie).
Omegaplib

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:23 am Reply with quote
I'm a long time Saint Seiya fan(here in Brazil and South America overall it's more beloved than Dragon Ball) and I can't believe what you guys are saying. I've no fear to say that I consider Lost Canvas better than anything that Masami Kurumada wrote and will ever write.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
@CrowLia

IMO the only good Toei anime adaptations are the original Saint Seiya series from 1986 and the original Sailor Moon anime (which was a huge improvement on the manga source material).

I'm also hearing that Lost Canvas (I've never seen it), which is considered great among the Sailor Moon fans, flopped? Damn...that sucks. Shocked

Glad to hear that the manga's almost done now, hope it ends on a bang if it's truly ending. One other thing I'd like to see also is Funimation doing an English dub of Saint Seiya. They have the opportunity to do so considering the 30th anniversary.

Omega and Soul of Gold sucked with DVDs and Blu-Rays? That's not good either...I thought Omega was a success, and from what I've glimpsed of Soul of Gold, minus the sub-par animation and mediocre art, it looks decent.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
@CrowLia

IMO the only good Toei anime adaptations are the original Saint Seiya series from 1986 and the original Sailor Moon anime (which was a huge improvement on the manga source material).

I'm also hearing that Lost Canvas (I've never seen it), which is considered great among the Sailor Moon fans, flopped? Damn...that sucks. Shocked

Glad to hear that the manga's almost done now (or rather, Next Dimension), hope it ends on a bang if it's truly ending. One other thing I'd like to see also is Funimation doing an English dub of Saint Seiya. They have the opportunity to do so considering the 30th anniversary.

Omega and Soul of Gold sucked with DVDs and Blu-Rays? That's not good either...I thought Omega was a success, and from what I've glimpsed of Soul of Gold, minus the sub-par animation and mediocre art, it looks decent.

@Lord Geo

Most unappeasable fanbase in anime? I think you need to see the Sailor Moon Crystal fanbase honestly...that fandom is much worse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2