• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fields: New Ultraman Series to Premiere in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The report did add that the Ultraman X series (pictured at right) has received approximately 400 million views for its overseas simulcast.

Unless they're trying to say the show had a potential audience reach of 400 million thanks to the services it was on:

Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Unless they're trying to say the show had a potential audience reach of 400 million thanks to the services it was on:

We did consider that when writing the article, but the English version of the same presentation documents state (on slide 17): "Simultaneous distribution overseas exceeded 390 million views."
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
Now I am sitting waiting for the leaked scan ^^

Can't wait to see how the Next UltraBro will look Cool
#sukkar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Quote:
The report did add that the Ultraman X series (pictured at right) has received approximately 400 million views for its overseas simulcast.

IIRC, the episodes were also posted on Youtube. Remember, "overseas" doesn't necessarily just mean the West, it also implies other Asian territories, where the franchise has a strong history and following. Also the Japanese text straight up mentions it reached 4億 viewers, which is 400 million viewers.

Interesting to note, August Ragone, who wrote the book on Eiji Tsuburaya (like, a literal book) and has a lot of ties to Tsuburaya, mentions that they're planning two shows for the anniversary, one aimed at the typical audience and a late night show aimed at adults. The CGI thing from last year was supposedly a proof of concept trailer for the adult oriented series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1