• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Luck & Logic Gets New Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Stuart Smith wrote:

-Stuart Smith
Me too, very happy! Very Happy My logic tells me that CheezcakeMe is incorrect in their assessment, as proven by the announcement. I don't think a second season would be green-lit just because Bushiroad has a lot of money that they want to waste to back a failing franchise to prove they weren't wrong or something.

Actually, as someone who works in the animation industry, (though Canada not Japan) vanity project shows are created all the time. Shows that everyone knows won't make money but some celebrity or eccentric billionaire was a real big fan of a book or graphic novel or has a "great idea" and is willing to throw enough money (or dupe enough sponsors) to get it made. Of course L&L has fans, but we could easily list 50 shows that were better and more popular where a sequl makes more sense financially. This show clearly isn't getting made because it's a smash hit, but a show can exist for more than just financial gain.
TokoTamer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Personally, I really enjoyed Luck & Logic, but I also happen to be a huge Bushiroad fan that plays pretty much all of their games. The series is purely a worldbuilding/lore vehicle for the TCG and that's all I really need.

The salt in this thread is kind of amusing though, I must say.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I liked this series, too. Not THE anime that will change the fate of the world, but enjoyable, I liked the "cliché" parts and trying to give every character their own story, personality and, yes, logic.
What I don't get is the luck part...

In any case: why so much hate? It's not as if L&L (probable) 2nd season will take the money or the chances from any other anime.
TokoTamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
I liked this series, too. Not THE anime that will change the fate of the world, but enjoyable, I liked the "cliché" parts and trying to give every character their own story, personality and, yes, logic.
What I don't get is the luck part...

The franchise is called Luck & Logic because games in the TCG are intended to be decided by both a player's luck and skill equally. This is in contrast to other games that tend to skew more towards one or the other.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3