• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Capcom Poll Offers 'Mega Man 11' as Hypothetical Example

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wohdin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:47 am Reply with quote
How about this.

Mega Man X9.

REVOLUTIONARY [expletive] IDEA, I KNOW.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, for Capcom, they've made their position on one of their own franchises clear: they're officially sick of Mega Man. For this reason, I decided to not even bother, since it's clear they don't really want to make any more Mega Man games, or even if they did, for all anyone knows, it would likely just be another half-hearted effort with more "Pandering to the Base" (as TV Tropes would call it) as well as self-parody, just like they did with "Mega Man 9" and "Mega Man 10", "NES style" or not (and both of which I have), especially, now that Keiji Inafune is no longer with them (and for good reason; they "fired" him, for all intents and purposes). I mean, why else is Mighty No. 9 being made? Sorry, Capcom, but I'm not interested, since clearly you aren't.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
Well, that's just it, isn't it? It sure seems like people probably want Megaman games still, but after all this time and all this company drama, which Megaman? There's the original, but X is what it's all about for some people, others grew up with Zero or Battle Network, do people still care or want a Legends 3 after what happened last time and considering who is gone now...on and on.

Honestly, I'm sympathetic to the predicament. Either way, with all that talk of increasing R&D a while back (with the sound of not just being confined to mobile), I sure hope they get back to doing lots of things again.
TheWolfhart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:39 am Reply with quote
To be honest I do want a new Mega Man game, but I certainly don't want a Mega Man 11.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
C(r)apcom missed April 1st it seems and now just twists the knife. Lol.
Zero is my favorite series and Star Force/Legends can suck it. Bring back Breath of Fire, but for real this time!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
deidara517

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:50 am Reply with quote
someone from japan please answer battle network collection to the question about a remake for the current consoles pleaseeeeeeeee
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Even if they announced it they'd cancel it within a year. Capcom does not care about Mega Man.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see then up date Mega Man like how the Duck Tales 8bit game was remastered. Do a game in that 80/90's's Japans cartoon style,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnPlff7btoM
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
C(r)apcom missed April 1st it seems and now just twists the knife. Lol.
Zero is my favorite series and Star Force/Legends can suck it. Bring back Breath of Fire, but for real this time!

Yes, another Zero fan! I also think those were the best titles.

I liked the extra depth the X entries offered through dashes and wall climbing but those combined with sub tanks tended to make them a bit easy. Zero seemed to do a better job integrating those while keeping a more acceptable level of challenge.

I also liked how you can pretty much play the Zero games with your weapon of choice where as with megaman / x either something is weak to your weapon or its pretty much crap (outside of certain odd ball ones like storm tornado which pretty much shreds all non bosses).
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Capcom's like, "do people care about one of the most iconic video game franchises there is??? What a mystery!"
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
Capcom's like, "do people care about one of the most iconic video game franchises there is??? What a mystery!"

Well considering how they took a giant crap on it and then buried it, there may actually not be all that many people who would very strongly look forward to a new one.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:
Unfortunately, for Capcom, they've made their position on one of their own franchises clear: they're officially sick of Mega Man.

It's hard to tell whether you're being sympathetic to the fact that Capcom put the franchise
on hold after milking it for over 20 some odd years or damning them with faint praise.

TheHTRO wrote:
especially, now that Keiji Inafune is no longer with them (and for good reason; they "fired" him, for all intents and purposes).

For all facts and proper attention to details he quit. As for why he's making Mighty No.9
you ask him since the game's been in development hell for about 2 1/2 years.

anddo! wrote:
Even if they announced it they'd cancel it within a year. Capcom does not care about Mega Man.

Silly rabbit Capcom only cancels Megaman game's the large majority of the fanbase is
instrested in.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, it looks like that brief prediction in Clarissa Explains It All might actually come true.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
TheHTRO wrote:
Unfortunately, for Capcom, they've made their position on one of their own franchises clear: they're officially sick of Mega Man.

It's hard to tell whether you're being sympathetic to the fact that Capcom put the franchise
on hold after milking it for over 20 some odd years or damning them with faint praise.

Neither. I'm just saying that they're suggesting something, even though it's clear they don't really want to do it. That's all. I can't quite call it hypocrisy, but it does kind of get there.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
TheHTRO wrote:

Neither. I'm just saying that they're suggesting something, even though it's clear they don't really want to do it. That's all. I can't quite call it hypocrisy, but it does kind of get there.

With the fact they've made over 6 dozen or so Megaman games over a period of nearly 30
years I don't see them not making it simply because of them not wanting to (or hating the
series) but more of a what do we do when we've done everything type of mentality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2