• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden Anime Reveals Visual For New Arc Starting in May

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cetais

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Chibi Buizel wrote:
I guess Studio Pierrot decided that they'd been beating this dead horse long enough :V

Well, as long as they FINALLY get back to Bleach, I should be fine.
Sorry to break your dream, but if it's happen, it will surely be like D-Gray Man: 5-8 years after the end of the anime.
And that's if the manga's still there.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
Finally bled that stone dry of blood eh? Well then I'll probably pick the show back up to see how it ends.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
Chibi Buizel wrote:
I guess Studio Pierrot decided that they'd been beating this dead horse long enough :V

Well, as long as they FINALLY get back to Bleach, I should be fine.
Sorry to break your dream, but if it's happen, it will surely be like D-Gray Man: 5-8 years after the end of the anime.
And that's if the manga's still there.

Well, it'll be four years this year and the manga will probably end soon given they are in the final arc, so who knows? I don't care as long as I get it before I die. Wink
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Good. Other than making it last as long as possible, I'm not sure what the hold up was. The manga has been done for a while, there have been a couple of movies set after the series ends, and there have been games covering the end, too. There isn't much reason not to move forward.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
I'm an anime only and have waited it out for so long (Even though I know the ending). please give us good animation and actually finish it!!

Sadly, that's one thing that definitely won't happen. I liked the series' animation during Part 1, but I've personally found Shippuden's to be a sharp downward trend from the moment it began. I tried to watch the recent Itachi arc but had to throw in the towel because frankly, Studio DEEN looks better.

I soldiered through The Last Naruto The Movie due to its relevance to the canon but even then, I was hoping Pierrot would have done more for a movie.

Not all chapters of Naruto has bad animation, some have sakuga animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EypRE3M_1CA
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
I'm an anime only and have waited it out for so long (Even though I know the ending). please give us good animation and actually finish it!!

Sadly, that's one thing that definitely won't happen. I liked the series' animation during Part 1, but I've personally found Shippuden's to be a sharp downward trend from the moment it began. I tried to watch the recent Itachi arc but had to throw in the towel because frankly, Studio DEEN looks better.

I soldiered through The Last Naruto The Movie due to its relevance to the canon but even then, I was hoping Pierrot would have done more for a movie.

What are you talking about? Some of Shippuden's canon episode have the best animated fight sequence you could find in anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-DPgfvKkws
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Ryu Shoji wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:

What are you talking about? Some of Shippuden's canon episode have the best animated fight sequence you could find in anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I6QbXrL5TE

Hoo-?

Try Ufotable's Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night, then we can talk about best animated fight sequences in anime. FMAB also has a better fight animation than Naruto's canon material.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
theNightster wrote:
vgiannell5 wrote:

I don't know. Chances are, the Bleach anime is probably canceled by now.

it's been "canceled" since the day it ended. you don't just put a series on a long hiatus and then decide that it's cancelled before making a decision, that's not how TV works

He meant that they might have given it up. But knowing Pierrot, they'd want a shot at the cash, so they might make a sequel anime from Bleach, their second biggest property. A lot of studios are doing that now (AOT anyone?), and the hype is there, so why not?

Most franchise pierrot, today is Osomatsu.
Bleach was canceled due to poor sales of the manga.
Naruto now can finish because TV Tokyo found a replacement that is D. gray man. And Naruto was giving him time to D. gray man to develop its chapters.
AOT owner is WIT study, no one else can touch unless they sell their rights or not renewed.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Oh really? That's a shame. I was looking forward to watching the fillers with my grandkids in the year 2050 Very Happy.

But seriously, thank God! For a while I was starting to think they were never going to get back to the main storyline. To tell you the truth I'm going to have to rewatch the last 50 epsidoes just so I can understand what's going on. It's literally been that long Mad. And who knows how long they're going to stay with the main story this time.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Ryu Shoji wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:

Hoo-?

Try Ufotable's Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night, then we can talk about best animated fight sequences in anime. FMAB also has a better fight animation than Naruto's canon material.

You can not compare 700 chapters of Naruto (who give a child hours). Against the 13 chapters by season ufotable, that occur in time for adults.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:

Most franchise pierrot, today is Osomatsu.
Bleach was canceled due to poor sales of the manga.
Naruto now can finish because TV Tokyo found a replacement that is D. gray man. And Naruto was giving him time to D. gray man to develop its chapters.
AOT owner is WIT study, no one else can touch unless they sell their rights or not renewed.

All wrong.

First of all, the most important franchise in Pierrot nowadays is Naruto (Osomatsu sold a lot of BDs, but Naruto gives it much more audience and absurdly many more contracts (western TV exhibition of the show) for them than Japanese Audience exclusive (and Fujoshi centered) late night show.

Second, Bleach was cancelled because the filler chapters and the horrendous pacing did the show so bad that a lot of people stopped watching. The ultimate decision after since it would be impossible to go along with the last arc of the series at that point was to take it out of there after finishing the latest completed arc of the series. Both the blu-ray/DVDs and manga of Bleach sold and still sell a lot (the disks sold well for a mainstream long running anime, and the manga still sells more than 750.000 copies per volume each year in Japan alone).

Naruto was being blatantly milked, it wasn't giving time for any other manga (D-Gray Man only returned from hiatus recently and it's now a monthly series in any case). And we don't even when is it (D-Gray Man) going to air in TV Tokyo yet (nor if Naruto is going to end just like the manga, ir if they are going to animate the rest of the books explaining what happened during the time skip).

Btw, AoT has literally nothing to do with all that.
danpmss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:

You can not compare 700 chapters of Naruto (who give a child hours). Against the 13 chapters by season ufotable, that occur in time for adults.

Of course I can compare, the quality in there is obviously superior.
We are not talking about best animation in long running anime, so, applying all of the advantages of a 2-cour late night anime is just fair (we are talking in general terms, or as he just said: "of all anime", no exceptions).

And take a look in the 148 episodes HunterxHunter, that also has an amazing animation in every single episode to date. The consistence in long running anime can actually exist if someone really tries.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Finally CANON RETURNS!
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
-double post-

Last edited by Pierrot. on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Ryu Shoji wrote:
GamerTimeUSA wrote:

Hoo-?

Please. Flashy flashes and explosions=/= good choreography or well animated fight sequence. F/SN UBW had one good fight and that's the prologue one. Berserker vs Saber was blegh. Some cool moments but that's it.

Wake me up when ufotable does something like the Pain vs Naruto fight or something like the link below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXJEtdcRjK4

danpmss wrote:
And take a look in the 148 episodes HunterxHunter, that also has an amazing animation in every single episode to date. The consistence in long running anime can actually exist if someone really tries.

What a joke. Most of it in the beginning is just a slide show and you obviously seem to haven't watched the 1999 version of Hunter x Hunter since it's superior to it in every single way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5