• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: This Art Club Has a Problem!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OwlBiceps

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Also is it me or does the OP look really cheap?
Kendra Kirai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
We actually 'met' Colette in episode 1. Look at the locker behind Usami at around 7:40. Very Happy
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:55 am Reply with quote
The first-generation GBA in the lost-and-found was a nice touch. I have a feeling whoever lost it made a point of doing so.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
With regards to the episode 4 review, Moeka IS NOT the girl with the bag charm. Moeka is the lost girl that Uchimaki and Usami ran into in the past. If you recall, the girl that Moeka was with was actually Colette wearing a mask. We also learned that Moeka is the old Art Club advisor's granddaughter, so that middle section was not pointless. I mean, it was fun and cute to see Moeka and her mom playing the shadow game together.
Assassin Eclipse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Rebecca wrote:
and it's not just because I'm becoming stupidly invested in their relationship.

Good to know that I'm not the only one being invested in it. I'd really appreciate if Usami was less of a tsundere, but oh well, I'll just have to deal with it.

Rebecca wrote:
where Colette once again meets Moeka, the little girl whose bag charm Uchimaki lusted after

Errr...this is incorrect. The little girl whose bag keychain Uchimaki lusts for is the younger sister of the girl who confessed to Uchimaki in Episode 2. If I remember correctly, both characters are still unnamed in the show (was the older sister named?). Moeka is the girl who got lost in Episode 2, in the segment where Usami talked about the time she began to like Uchimaki.

2 more characters left from the opening theme who are still not introduced at this point. The girl is definitely part of the art club (I heard she's wacky as well), but where would that last boy fit in?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Embarassed
Note to self: be more careful reading character notes when reviewing post-migraine.

Sorry for the name mix-up!
Kendra Kirai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Something else, I'm pretty sure that the thing about Colette's little adventure was to segue to Moeka and the revelation that her grandpa is PROBABLY Koyama-Sensei, AKA, the club advisor that Yumeko replaced. Colette was simply there as the link to Moeka.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Embarassed
Note to self: be more careful reading character notes when reviewing post-migraine.

Sorry for the name mix-up!

uchimaki is not being an ass, think of it as him being an otaku and into waifus to booth, he's probably already so damaged that he can't see romantci advances as such, but only thinks that usami is being nice.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Feline-inspired features aside, Uchimaki's portrait of Yumeko-sensei is actually more true-to-life - or "true-to-art-style," as it were - than Usami's. I'm always slightly weirded out when anime and manga characters that exist within a show's universe look exactly like that world's real-life inhabitants.
Silver4000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the manga, so I have to say for anyone expecting something from the anime. The romance development isn't really much. Unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm liking the adaptation so far. Though its a shame that some chapters weren't adapted (maybe they will later, because they are jumping a bit around). But most importantly, they are going to introduce the best character of the year on the next episode.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
I think episode 5 is easily the best episode of this series so far. If this show is able to keep up with this quality it will be one of the best comedy anime series I have watched.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it was one of the best episodes. I really like most of the randomness that Colette bring, the coos were surprisingly funny. For some reason it brings to mind some of the hijinks that Miu from Ichigo Mashimaro does.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I know it'll never happen, but I would love if the introduction of the new girl would make Usami realize that Uchimaki just isn't quite the right person for her cause there obviously really different on everything.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now we just have to figure out why there are so many rabbits in the background of this show...

Wonder if it has to do with our main female character's name? (Usami->Usagi->Rabbit)

Last edited by zrnzle500 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dash56

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed the moment between Colette and Maria actually. It was definitely a sweet exchange between the two.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3