• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Taboo Tattoo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nubguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, the only reason I watch this show is for the action and cool powers. None of that stuff really bothers me.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
Just like Seigi I didn't really have anything to say when Touko died. But wow there was a lot of violence and gore in this episode, so much that they had to black things out. Since this is only one of four series that I'm currently following I'm planning on seeing it to the end, I'm not really losing too much by doing so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Iw odner if the manga actually realizes the potential of the show or its more of the same...that's a way to boost sales, I guess.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
at least this time they kept the comic relief out of the fights...
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
The most recent episode managed to confirm that the death flag stuff is self-aware, but, very sadly, drained all humor from the joke by calling explicit attention to it. An impressive failure of comedy.

The dynamic, well animated and choreographed fight scenes - the only real highlight of the show thus far - also seem to have become much less animated and choreographed. Bummer.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I am here for the fight scenes and am still enjoying the show; mild fanservice helps and I believe this shows needs all the help it can get.
Australian JRPG Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
There was a Jedi in this episode.

That princess got wings, she must have had her Red Bull today.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
On the bright side, this episode was just normal-kind bad, not unwatchably bad. On the other hand, it unfortunately wasn't very funny; the continued onslaught of terrible sexual innuendo-that's-too-direct-to-really-be-innuendo got a few disbelieving groans out of me, but that's about it.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
@NeverConvex, well I thought those and a few other stupid one-liners were pretty funny in the oddball context the show has created so this episode was slightly better than last to me. I think I'm confused by some of the characters, what is going on etc. so I guess I'll have to re-watch the last few episodes to sort it out. I really don't want to do that though as this show isn't worth it. What was that "homewrecker" comment about anyway?? And are we really supposed to believe that Izzy is in love with Seigi now? Really, I find I feel a little sorry for Mr. Beckett (again!) and will say "ganbatte", only one more stinkeroo episode to go. Seriously, your reviews are the best part of following this show down the rabbit hole.
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:45 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Really, I find I feel a little sorry for Mr. Beckett (again!) and will say "ganbatte", only one more stinkeroo episode to go. Seriously, your reviews are the best part of following this show down the rabbit hole.

Don't feel bad for me! Getting to write about anime for the site is still a total blast, even when the shows are...not.

I'm glad my write-ups can entertain, though! That makes watching the show worth every grueling minute. Anime hyper
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Is Col Sanders being Izzy's adoptive father something new, or did we learn this in a previous ep and I just wasn't paying attention?
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Is Col Sanders being Izzy's adoptive father something new, or did we learn this in a previous ep and I just wasn't paying attention?

No, I'm fairly certain that it was only ever mentioned in this episode. It was definitely jarring.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
At this point, I am going to imagine Colonel Sanders as a stand-in for the director. spoiler[Clooooown!!!!]. Never have I been less enthused by the prospect of more to come in a story. Please do not make a second season. Or if they do make it so over the top bad that it swings back around to good.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
OMG, is this episode seriously not the end or do these guys think they'll get a second season?? OK Mr. Beckett, you'd better have a tattoo with a power-up of some kind to get through to Ep13. I look forward to your review of this most silly and disjointed non-finale. Chromed out magic beasts (hey at least it isn't robots ala Gundum) battle to shouts of USA,USA! Now to the South Pole and Col. Sanders' KABOOM!...(why~~?)
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Does Arya stick anyone with the pointy end? I certainly hope so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5