• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End on August 22 With 'Important Announcement'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
FInal chapter, Ichigo marries Orihime and we jump ahead to their happy life together in Karakura town where Ichigo has "retired" from soul reaping.

Announcement, New series starring Ichigo's son "Echigo". Echigo is out one day and runs into a young soul reaper who "accidentally" gives him Soul Reaper powers which he must then use to protect Karakura town from hollows.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
*fingers crossed for a Bleach final act anime, and expecting haters to call us delusional for liking the series (like why does that bother some people?)

No one is delusional for simply liking the series they're delusional for liking the series and pretending the series doesn't have issues or playing it off like other series that have issues with them are worse than Bleach's.

theNightster wrote:
Dear Naruto, I'm so disappointed in you it's not even funny

theNightster wrote:
besides Hiro Mashima is a much worse writer then Kubo.

See.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
FInal chapter, Ichigo marries Orihime and we jump ahead to their happy life together in Karakura town where Ichigo has "retired" from soul reaping.

Announcement, New series starring Ichigo's son "Echigo". Echigo is out one day and runs into a young soul reaper who "accidentally" gives him Soul Reaper powers which he must then use to protect Karakura town from hollows.

If the Bleach manga was still as popular as it was 5 years ago, I would have expected this to happen.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:

In before "it should be truncated and streamlined" nonsense posts.

It should, though. I like Bleach (aside from the last few chapters), but this arc has too much content crammed into it with no room to breathe. The ideal adaptation would either pace things out better so it doesn't come off as rushing from one fight to the next, or, ideally, cut the less important parts that didn't have any real impact on the arc as a whole (shorten or remove the fights with Mask, Gerard and Lille, etc.).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
theNightster wrote:
*fingers crossed for a Bleach final act anime, and expecting haters to call us delusional for liking the series (like why does that bother some people?)

No one is delusional for simply liking the series they're delusional for liking the series and pretending the series doesn't have issues or playing it off like other series that have issues with them are worse than Bleach's.

theNightster wrote:

theNightster wrote:

See.
oh Bleach does have issues I'm not denying that, but you gave me something I wanted, a reaction Cool
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Well they gave Fairy Tail more anime, so anything is possible.
Meexa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Unlike Naruto, this is ending rushed. Actually it reminds me more of how YYH last arc was pretty rushed and the anime came to save the day by adding more too it. Hopefully they do this with bleach IF they decide to put the final arc into a anime like they did for Inuyasha.

Even better, they can also give us a movie and maybe a bleach manga mini sequel. I just wish kubo didn't drag this out to the begin with.
Dextres

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:52 pm Reply with quote
So I bet the ending comes full circle to Ichigo narrating and ending with "name: Kurosaki Ichigo. Age: 27(timeskip 10 years). Occuptation: No way in hell am I giving up being a subsitute soul reaper.
Remington Steele

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to miss Bleach. The only Manga worth reading weekly. I hope the anime can continue now. Bleach is epic. All the people hating on Bleach, they LOVE the filler filled Naruto anime and don't know what a good anime is.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Bleach Shippuden Laughing
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Remington Steele wrote:
I'm going to miss Bleach. The only Manga worth reading weekly.
Love Bleach but Magi would like to have a word with you on that
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Lelouch Vi wrote:
*fixed

Naruto>>>>>Bleach
simona.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I'll keep my hopes low for the return of the anime. Well, it ends 15 years and 2 weeks after it began.

15 years and 15 days, how appropriate Anime hyper
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Remington Steele wrote:
I'm going to miss Bleach. The only Manga worth reading weekly.
Sounds like you only know 2 oe 3 weekly manga.

Ulinox wrote:
Well they gave Fairy Tail more anime, so anything is possible.

They gave one to boost the manga, and for some reasons, FT is way more popular than Bleach.
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Sorry, but I have to react on that. Anybody that read Rave know it's false. Yes there are flaws, but his pacing and story are pretty good. At least as good as Bleach for the story, and way better for the pacing. Even Fairy Tail story is not so bad. And its pacing make it entertaining. The real problem is that sometime during the writing of FT, he decided he had to put more boobs. At the beginning, it wasn't inconvenient, but like a cancer, it spread until it spoiled the story beyond what acceptable. Mashima master the code of the shonen better than Kubo and Kishimoto reunited. He just shot himself in the foot with the fanservice to disgust.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6