• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lostorage incited WIXOSS (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Poor Hanna. I just want to give her a hug....

That Bookmaker guy is my most despised character in this show now, really hope he gets beaten soon.I just hate to meet a guy with a personality like that.

I'm kinda surprised that he was able to beat Piruluk so easily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kgw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
I don't know if it goes against the games' rules, but apparently Bookmaker got a "cheat" that allows him to throw as many coins as he wants, and thus exchange any card for the one he wants.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I just binged through the rest of it, and that ending was both "ok" and VERY bad at the same time.

The OK part was the battle in of itself, for those that don't recall the conclusion of Destructed was that the "big bad" played a move that said "pick a color" and Ruko being the heroine chose the correct color and seemingly anti-climactically defeated the "goddess" of the game at the time.

As for the actual conclusion, I am going to oddly have to side with the nature that destruction and despair are a bit more entertaining than "we are still friends, again".

The core material should have been on par with the predecessor series, but in the end this just ends up being a weaker narrative.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Lostorage Incited (season 1) Wixoss (season 3), Episode 12 (finale)

It is not the end, this is just the end of the first season Lostorage, which is the second series of Wixoss. Did end a little oddly, Selector Infected as far as I remember ended on a downer note, so the story had to continue, but here Suzuko won her freedom, and Chinatsu let hers run out, and it was not entirely a sad ending. Strangely it kind of appears that Chinatsu was getting what she wanted anyway it seemed that she was still herself only her memories of Suzuko gone, and in general it looked like her life did not suck anymore. So it was by losing a battle that they would really get replaced. Again, another twist.

Interesting Easter egg (maybe), Aki Lucky was on a sign board as a model, so her career continued. With it not being the end it brings up the question of whether they will get drawn back into the game, the source has to be tracked down, ended, and maybe get what could be reversed done. Carnival is probably the dark side of what was already a dark side, so she is probably going to be very dangerous now unleashed. Actually, I wonder if we might see others return, I can’t see what the plan is.

On the episode itself I thought that it was one of the best battles shown, it would have made Tama proud. The show is not exactly great, but really the series never really has been, but in general it has always had some interesting parts. The characters this season have been a little less animated, but I have enjoyed them in general, there has been a change of pace with a number of things that have been surprising, so I have thought of it positively. I give a rating of Decent (6/10), and I am interested in how they choose to continue. Oh, and I also really liked the ending song, it kept popping into my head.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Lostorage conflated (season 2) WIXOSS (Season 4), Episode 1

Things looked happy, but indeed a sense that things have not truly ended, has made parties start to look into it again. WIth a hint of even greater darkness. But excitedly, not just returning faces from Incited, but as the ending shows we will have Ruuko is also making a return, and also promises of Tama and Aki.

This indeed has me excited for what this season may do.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 am Reply with quote
Lostorage conflated (season 2) WIXOSS (Season 4), Episode 12 (Finale)

And so, the day was saved thanks to friendship, happy thoughts, and Battle. A lot happened for me not to write anything during its run. Pretty much this season had both series cast fused together, as they found out the battles were not over and helped end it for good. And, I kind of want it over for good now. They said that a lot of the trauma caused from it was not fixed, but it looked like everyone seemed to get their bodies back, with the Lrig originals fusing back with the people they came from. Which is leaving me to simply not think about characters who died due to the events, I seem to remember a suicide.

Four season in for this franchise, I think it was just getting a bit much, that there was not much I felt I could really say, or get myself really invested. The series has not really been amazing at that, and I can say I am sort of happy we got some more, and feel released now that there is a conclusion to it all. At least this season gave us a bit of Tama as a human, which was pretty cool. But by the sheer amount of people, it kind of starting to feel like the Avengers with so many to juggle. If they do another season, I think it would have to be entirely different in setting, there was only so much we could all watch with these girls playing card games where the audience really just seeing the characters do things. Which kind of made the parts where the characters got so serious about the Lrigs hitting each other, kind of confusing.

I give this season a rating of Decent (6/10), although, like with a lot of shows that I was watching lately, there did feel like times that I had attention not grabbed.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:44 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Four season in for this franchise, I think it was just getting a bit much, that there was not much I felt I could really say, or get myself really invested.

Considering how much I've liked this franchise up until now, I was really surprised by how uninvested I was this in season. I think the problem may have been not with the number of returning characters, but rather the number of returning characters whose character arcs had pretty conclusively wrapped up prior to the beginning of the season. For example, it really felt like the Akira stuff was just opening up old wounds that the character had begun to heal by the end of season two.

Also, this season really felt much more like they were "making things up as they went along" than usual. I dunno, something really needs to change if they bring this show back for a fifth go-around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4