• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinkai's 'your name.,' Kabaneri Win Top Newtype Anime Awards

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamui97

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Do the people who vote actually watch these shows? More importantly, do these people actually FINISH watching the shows?

The first 6 episodes of kabaneri were really good, but the last 4-5 was a trainwreck. Mumei was an awful character by the end, the OP was good but nothing special, and the soundtrack, at times, was a bit too much. Rezero had the better show, the better soundtrack, and the better op, although neither had a great OP.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I can name 7 shows I've finished this year that are better than Kabaneri, and I know of many shows I've missed this year that are very good. I guess I just don't like seeing one marquee show that was good get so much recognition when there are so many lesser but great or excellent shows that are overlooked.
Kamui97

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
How is High School Fleet a top 5 anime this year? I haven't seen it, but everything I've read says mediocre or average. That might be more baffling than the kabaneri. At least Kabaneri is somewhat defensible.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Delta was garbage though, even Macross fans in japan didn't care for it and are just buying CD's.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
People that complain about the Oscars would have a heart attack if they had to deal with the newtype awards...
Shinuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Come on, seriously that this ripoff and trainwreck anime won "best work"? i don't think that Re:Zero was like "10/10 best animu of the year" but excluding the animation, was a better work in every aspect
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Re:Zero should have won the top spot while Kabaneri should be in the second place position. Sad
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
Kamui97 wrote:
How is High School Fleet a top 5 anime this year? I haven't seen it, but everything I've read says mediocre or average. That might be more baffling than the kabaneri. At least Kabaneri is somewhat defensible.

Haifuri is a darker version of Girls und Panzer. Its filled with plot twist and enjoyable despite cute girls doing cute things,

Kabaneri is bad because its being inconsistent with its plot. Biba and the gang is unnecessary because they took away the highlight of this show, Kabane.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
I am just surprised that NewType didn't find a way to make Five Star Stories a winner somehow.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Kamui97 wrote:
How is High School Fleet a top 5 anime this year? I haven't seen it, but everything I've read says mediocre or average.

Japanese sources? Because the markets aren't the same. Moe girls don't sell series on their own as well here.

Anyway, Kabeneri should have been at minimum under Re:Zero. I don't think the end of Kabeneri drags it down to being bad, but it definitely drags it down. Even if they think the first half of Kabeneri is better than any section of Re:Zero, the second half is way worse.
Number 6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
I've never seen Kabaneri and what I've heard about it is that basically tried to give the same feelings as Attack on Titan and even copy it somewhat, though not being as good as AoT. And for me, Attack on Titan is indeed great but if I compare it to Re:Zero, it isn't just as good, meaning, by that logic,that Kabaneri should be below Re:Zero.

Re:Zero > AoT > Kabaneri .
Erebus25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:39 am Reply with quote
very weird ranking, someone was clearly in favor of Kanaberi
also those voice actresses, haven't heard of 2 of them but they are above HanaKana and Saori Hayami?
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:50 am Reply with quote
Seriously Kabaneri number 1...
NeverLand

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
Macross dethrones Gundam, it makes sense since Delta tops every IBO had, sales, rankings, anything

Gundam TV starts declining in both sales and popularity since trash like AGE, G-Reco, now IBO

Grats Macross Delta and Re:Zero though

Also Kabaneri should be removed though since it's shit since second half
Raymond Darmawan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:32 am Reply with quote
WE should apreciatte original anime more than any other anime that just an adaptation from something that already exsist..

its not easy to create something...from scratch, we all know that..
the true winner for best anime is re : zero,
but i dont feel its wrong to gives kabaneri a 1st spot either..
both are great!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quote
That's a little harsh. I liked Kabaneri, even the last episodes.

Re:Zero was fantastic. Especially the second half.

Got to see Macross Delta, though I have to finish Macross Frontier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3