• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiss Him, Not Me (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:11 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
BLOOD!!

Why you gotta make nice things so vulgar and crude? Confused

'Coz it's fun. SLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRPPPPPP!!! (Probably shouldn't have skipped all those Bible Study classes as a youth.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Harem shion ending! Well clearly that was going to happen, at this point there has not quite been anything that pushed any of her suitors up above the rest. At least she went on dates with each of them, and they were pretty cute. Although some personal favourites are of course Mutsumi who kind of logically decided to at least confess, and follow up with Nishina and Nanashima grew on me. And all fans can have their own favourites. Kind of obvious she was going to go on a character, and when she goes into fujoshi mode she is fun, extra points that at the end Mutsumi was happy that she was having fun, and Nishina was interested if the information in if the extra season Kae was talking about was real. And on that it seemed like a little bit of teasing on if there might be another season, maybe even saying there could be new characters.

I enjoyed this show. I was a little let down that it showed up on one of the reviewer’s lists as a bad show of the season, which maybe I just have no problem because I am not familiar with the original material. I like to say that I can enjoy a good “reverse” harem, and that there is fujoshi elements is all in good fun. I have my own share of “regular” harem anime comedies I enjoy, one that particularly comes to mind with this has been If Her Flag Breaks, although Kae is a far more interesting protagonist, and I also think of Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun. It may not be amazing, but a shoujo anime that can go above the pitfalls of the genre is great.

I give a rating of Good (7/10). Nothing too amazing, but it worth watching.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Eh, it was a funny and cute fluff to watch....but I'm kinda annoyed we got zero character development with Kae. Rolling Eyes

A show doesn't need CD if it's really ridiculous and its only goal is to make you laugh....but the problem is, even though KHNM is a comedy, it DID take itself seriously occasionally. Mutsumi was actually treated seriously; as a result, he got the most development. Hell, he practically took over. Anime hyper

But Kae gets NOTHING!?

Not that I expected much in 12 episodes with a much longer on-going manga.....but...

I wanted a little for her at least....... Confused

BTW my shipper's sixth sense tells me that Mutsumi has the best chance with Kae since he got the final arc and his moments with her seem *just* a little more special than the rest of the harem's moments with her. To use the appropriate dating sim lingo, the last moment of their date felt like a "flag". Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
I think the humour of this series was strong enough to justify me giving it a Very Good rating. I agree that it is a shame Serinuma didn't get some development, but I wasn't really expecting any. In fact, I'm impressed that the others (spurred on by Mutsumi) actually confessed their true feelings. I don't know how much source material is left, but I'd certainly watch more of this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I thought this show was sanctifying in the end. It had a good sense of humor and characters that I thought were amusing through their chemistry with Kae. The finale felt slightly underwhelming imo but overall enjoyed the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4