• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IT Gijinka Keikaku Anime Turns Tech Jargon Into Pretty Girls

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
They made teen sex puppet of HTML but not CSS? Lame.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I want to see an animated segment of these girls dealing with a DDoS attack. Laughing
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
As someone who works in IT... I know what books I'm buying next.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I do await the introduction of JavaScript-chan, who is always busy but has a voracious appetite, along with her little sister JQuery-chin, who has a habit of refusing to work in certain places despite being more efficient with her chores.

Their cousin Typescript-sensei is boundlessly wise, but in spite of their similarities, neither of the girls understand her very well.

(Heavens, this writes itself.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rob49152

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:12 am Reply with quote
You'd think that IEEE-chan would be larger and kind of in charge of all the other girls. Kind of overseeing them and making sure they follow the schools rules and work together.

There should also be DB-chan who works in the library, but the only way to get her to help is to ask SQL-chan. But to do so you have to be extremely specific in how you word things other wise you get books piled on you. Sometimes DB-chan falls asleep and needs to be woken up because the library is in chaos.

EVERYTHING JPG-chan does is pixelated out. Unless it's to do with cats or meme related.

Every classroom has an IP-chan. But not always the same one. They are all very similar but one thing is different about each one. Every morning before the bell rings they get their assigned classroom from DNS-chan. But she has a few IP-chans she has permanently assigned to some classrooms. Packet-chan runs things from classroom to classroom. Sometimes she gets lost or she drops the items she's carrying.

Then there is the student council. I'm not sure who'd be the president (maybe IEEE-chan), but Python-chan is the one who works behind the scenes. PHP-chan is very insecure about her worth, but for some reason everyone likes her.. then they catch the cold she has. PHP-chan is good friends with AJAX-chan (who is also friends with JavaScript-chan). Oddly PHP-chan and JavaScript-chan can only talk to each other when AJAX-chan is around.

On sports days the houses of the school battle it out to see who's the best. It's never really decided but each team thinks it's the best. Each house is a different OS.

You're right. This does write itself in many ways!
Rob49152

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
haha I can't stop thinking about this!!

There are school trouble makers.

Like Torrent-chan. She has an attack move where she appears to split and you see her several times over. Each one only attacks you in small bits at a time. But the overall effect gets the job done. When she walks through the hallways she uses this ability to fan out and take up most of the room in the hallway. Slowing down the other students.

DDoS-chan. She keeps asking annoying but simple questions like "why??" or "what's this??" and she prevents anyone from getting any work done in class. She's actually triplets. So they're very effective at this when all three are bothering anyone.

ok.. I should really go do something productive instead.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
Rob49152 wrote:
PHP-chan is good friends with AJAX-chan (who is also friends with JavaScript-chan). Oddly PHP-chan and JavaScript-chan can only talk to each other when AJAX-chan is around.

I would imagine that AJAX-chan would be difficult to converse with. She might welcome a multitude of questions before she has addressed a single one, for instance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rob49152

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Rob49152 wrote:
PHP-chan is good friends with AJAX-chan (who is also friends with JavaScript-chan). Oddly PHP-chan and JavaScript-chan can only talk to each other when AJAX-chan is around.

I would imagine that AJAX-chan would be difficult to converse with. She might welcome a multitude of questions before she has addressed a single one, for instance.

Yes and some times she just looks at you blankly instead of giving you an answer because she's waiting for something. You can't ask her anything else because she's still trying to figure out the first answer. Best bet is to walk away and ask her again later.

Sometimes her answers don't make sense because there's a lot of info mashed together. You need to separate her statements to make any sense of them. Jquery-chan helps to translate a lot of the time.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I want to see an animated segment of these girls dealing with a DDoS attack. Laughing
I imagine the next Comiket just might show us DDoS-kun's attack. The question is whether or not he has tentacles.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
Is it just me or is that these days,Japanese animators are willing to anthropomorphize anything and everything? What will they do next? Forgive me for being an old stick-in-the-mud,but this is getting to be a bit much. Will we soon see American animators getting in on this? I don't know and I don't think I want to,either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1