• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - KLECK KLECK BOOM

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Glad to hear that Gundam is doing well for them. I was worried that it still wouldn't have a big enough audience in the US.

Yup, it's great to hear. I wish they could have dubbed a couple of them as we got into the newer ones like Reconguista in G, even if it got mixed reception.

Need to pick up those two V Gundam blu-rays when I get the chance.
Brand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I keep those catalogues in in bathroom (>__>) as reading material so they get looked at a lot.

Very excited to hear about the Utena Blu Rays. It will be like the 5th time I've bought the series. I love the DVD box sets Right Stuf put out a few years ago but I'm always looking for ways to save some shelf space.

I'm going to get that nice reprint of the Utena manga from VIZ (already have it pre-ordered). That is one that has been driving me nuts for years since my first two volumes are the larger trim size VIZ used to use for all there manga. But they switched sizes in the middle of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Primus, By NA dub, I assume you mean an Ocean dub? I have some several Gundam titles but I think the Ocean dubbing days are almost done. Currently, that talent pool has had success with MLP:FIM.

Really, I just meant a North American dub. The English dub for Build Fighters was a Hong Kong production that aired on TV in SEA. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's not very good.

Btw, Ocean still dubs anime. They're doing the dub for Beyblade Burst that'll start airing on Disney XD soon.
Vanadise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
While I'm sure everybody who's been around for a while already knows it, a disclosure at the beginning that Right Stuf advertises through ANN would've been nice. (if there was one, I missed it)

I'm mostly still sad that, despite many other classic series getting physical releases, there's no way for me to get Blood+ at a reasonable price, let alone on Blu-ray. Sad
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Another excellent industry episode =)

Kudos to Shawne and RightStuf for there packaging since it was brought up. I recently received a package that was left in the rain (why it couldn't be left under the overhang I'll never understand) and it was soaked through. And I mean soaked, I pealed the box open instead of cutting it. Of course the contents was manga as opposed to something wrapped like BDs. However, thanks to it being wrapped with brown paper so well, everything inside was dry. Very happy to continue shopping at RS =)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2