• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Original Digimon Toys Get Remake for 20th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Bandai will release the new toys for 3,500 yen (about US$30) in Japan at the end of next June.

These where a lot cheaper back in the day. I always used to loss mine.
Fullmental

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Quote:
Bandai will release the new toys for 3,500 yen (about US$30) in Japan at the end of next June.

You should see the prices for the D-3 Ver 15th models, easily going for $100+ on eBay, and the original digivice ver 15th is easily $200.. I paid for both too because of course Bandai never cares enough to release these in the US/EU anymire...
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Ever since the Digivice rerelease I was holding out hope for a Pendulum rerelease. I still have my old Metal Empire one, but the new features sou d neat.

Fullmental wrote:
I paid for both too because of course Bandai never cares enough to release these in the US/EU anymire...

Most companies don't bother with premium releases in the US because they know most Americans aren't going to pay premium price. Especially when it comes to kids franchises.

-Stuart Smith
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

Cheap is not really a word to describe Digimon tamagotchi toy. Back in older day, we kids cant simply buy things even with our allowance money. People who owned Gameboy were treated like they owning an iPhone. Same goes for Digimon. More respects to them if they own all 5 versions of it.

Now we are working adult, the price wont bother us anymore. Luckily Bandai dont make this as Premium-Bandai exclusive. Just see the remake of Digivice, D-3 and D-Ark cost now. The retail price is over 9000 yen!

I will just treat this as inflation because it is already 20 years old toy. Besides that, they add more features than older version.
Katamori

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
Ever since the Digivice rerelease I was holding out hope for a Pendulum rerelease. I still have my old Metal Empire one, but the new features sou d neat.

Fullmental wrote:
I paid for both too because of course Bandai never cares enough to release these in the US/EU anymire...

Most companies don't bother with premium releases in the US because they know most Americans aren't going to pay premium price. Especially when it comes to kids franchises.

-Stuart Smith

Yeah but these ones are being sold at a price that isn't really that bad.They could release these in the US and fans would easily pay the 30 or even 40 if they marked them up a little here but they probably won't bother because bandai is bandai.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:45 am Reply with quote
That price is cheap! and it has version 1-5 in a single device! Anyone know how I would be able to buy the 20th edition virtual pet?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1