• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extella Game's Launch Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote
Amazon got me this game on Tues 1/17. I ended up picking up the Noble Phantasm edition.. oooh! I've spent about an hour with this game and it's essential dynasty warriors with Fate characters. Same game play mechanics with zones and objectives to hold or defend. You start with Nero (Red Saber) and eventually unlock Tamamo (sp?) and then Altera. But I haven't gotten that far yet.

The extras in the Noble Phantasm edition are pretty interesting.. the wall tapestry is meh. The Servant cards are worth noting.. and the best of the package is the hardcover artbook.
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
Amazon got me this game on Tues 1/17. I ended up picking up the Noble Phantasm edition.. oooh! I've spent about an hour with this game and it's essential dynasty warriors with Fate characters. Same game play mechanics with zones and objectives to hold or defend. You start with Nero (Red Saber) and eventually unlock Tamamo (sp?) and then Altera. But I haven't gotten that far yet.

The extras in the Noble Phantasm edition are pretty interesting.. the wall tapestry is meh. The Servant cards are worth noting.. and the best of the package is the hardcover artbook.

I picked up the same thing and generally agree (I personally like the Warriors series so this fits well for me). I just completed Nero's main story and if you take out the story scenes and just go by length of each battle, you get about 2 hours at most of gameplay in one story.

Obviously there's more than just Nero's story, but you get no where near the length of a character/Kingdom story arc that the Warrior series games tend to provide.

I like the packaging for the Noble Phantasm Edition, but I am in agree with the wall tapestry. It's okay. The hardcover "artbook" is definitely the highlight of the extras. This game is definitely meant for fans of the Fate series.

Side Note: I'm glad they chose to keep Archer's (Tohsaka's Archer) name a secret as it would spoil some major plot points for those who chose to play this game before actually playing or watching the original series. Also there's some questionable translation choices made and how they chose to write some lines.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1