• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Samuel L. Jackson Happily Admits He Enjoys Anime — And Hentai

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
meiam wrote:
Soooooo... when can we expect him to play Dutch in a black lagoon movie/tv show? Laughing

Would be a dream casting!

I second this!! He'd make a perfect Dutch. Smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
keichitsu0305 wrote:
I wonder if Samuel likes the hentai with incest...you know with all them muthafu*king mother fu*krs?

I get the feeling he is more of a bondage/BDSM type of guy.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Marzan wrote:
meiam wrote:
Soooooo... when can we expect him to play Dutch in a black lagoon movie/tv show? Laughing

I'm surprised so many people think he'd rock that role so much. I'm with Punch Drunk Marc on Idris Elba. Sam is great, but he just looks too skinny and lanky to play Dutch. And he has that sort of goofy, almost villainous face . Idris has a bigger frame and more stern face that I think would really fit Dutch more.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:50 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks he's a bit too old to play Dutch (he's 68, but he wears it well)? Not that I'd complain.

Anyway, he's a cool guy and a gentleman, managing to stay married for over 30 years. Wow!
Real Men Request *Purple* Lightsabers!
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:18 am Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Marzan wrote:
meiam wrote:

Nah. Dutch needs to be a big muscular guy. Also Dutch is cool and doesn't speak much and when he does he gets all philosophical. Jackson's the wrong choice.

I thought it was long known that Sam liked anime. Doesn't anybody watch the special features on Afro Samurai? :p

Technically he's a geek at heart and loves comics as well.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
He might seems cool to anime fans since a major celebrity is acknowledging the fact that he is involved with such a niche hobby, but at the end of the day, his fans that isn't associated with anime at all and have no actual realization of what hentai is would only "google" the word and get struck with either suspension in disbelief or the needs to get into something new. It's bad enough that dumbass like Stacey Dooley is trying hard to gave bad name to Japan in general, having the word hentai typed into google more frequently would probably only worsened the wound. I'd respected the guy and am happy that he's willing to let the world know more about himself but, he should've probably left that particular word out from discussion.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
^Nah, it's good that he said it. He doesn't give a flying f*ck first off, which is very clear. And a good thing. But also, the fact that he is an old dude who has lived a respectable life while championing and consuming all of this stuff which according to some people, creates monsters and criminals, is a good sign. People in high places normalizing the medium in some ways is good. There is a lot of bad stuff in anime and hentai, but clearly not everyone that consumes it is bad(or really the VAST vast majority). It's just art. And the more upstanding citizens willing to admit that they like it, the better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3