• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Light Novel Author Reki Kawahara's Home is Buried in Sword Art Online Merch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised but never imagined it to this extreme...

Man, this guy keeps adding fuel to his own fire.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Let's keep it on topic please and forgo the childish bickering. Thank you.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
NiPah wrote:
Connor Dino wrote:
Actar wrote:

Which is ironic, because that's what they claim the fans of SAO are.

You two do know I was just joking around? Are you seriously triggered by my silly comment? I ended my comment with "Rim-shot"...ummm...hello?

I'm pretty sure they understood your joke, but you called his content garbage so unsurprisingly someone was annoyed by that.

While I do see that perspective, I am not sure I agree with it. I think the need to be less sensitive is critical (especially on the internet) and especially when the hate for SAO is basically a meme at this point. Subsequently, I like Fairy Tail, but I recognize the faults there and don't get annoyed when it gets hated on.

But I digress and I stand by my silly joke.
Key

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
^
The hate for SAO being a supposed meme doesn't mean that you can reasonably expect to spread it around without garnering negative reactions.

As for the topic of the article, he needs to do what Tiffany Grant did and have a dedicated room for the merchandise. Several years ago she showed in a video that she has a room containing nothing but displayed Asuka Langley Soryu merch that she's been given by fans over the years.

(I'm not too far from needing to do this myself with all of the DVDs and Blu-Rays I have. . . even now I could probably make a room that would look like a small video store.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ragz

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
Anyone who spreads meme is 100x worse than both SAO fan and SAO hater, so there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2