• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek to Release Kaiba TV Anime, Galaxy Express 999, Adieu Galaxy Express 999, Hells Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 am Reply with quote
Freaking Kaiba?! OOOhhh Man! But because it's discotek it'll be region locked. Sad
_Emi_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
I remember reading about HELLS in a Mike Toole column and thought it sounded interesting. I was waffling on whether to import it or not. Guess I won't have to now.

And I've loved what I've seen of Masaaki Yuasa's stuff, so I'm excited about Kaiba's license as well. I loved Mind Game and was very happy about the kickstarter. Can't wait 'til I get my BD for that.

CatSword wrote:
I'd love to own Cat Soup (the out-of-print disc is a little pricy, and I think Discotek could make a better release)

I have the Cat Soup DVD, but I'd like to own a BD. I'd also like a BD release of Genius Party.

dm wrote:
Maybe Funimation will lose the license to Tatami Galaxy and Discotek can show them how it's done....

If FUNI and Cruncyroll can work something out for Free!, I see no reason why FUNI and Discotek can't work out something for The Tatami Galaxy.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:12 am Reply with quote
I know I can't be the only one who tends think of Seto Kaiba when hearing the "Kaiba" anime. If they can sell at least 2000 units in the USA, then its purchasing audience would seem to be Americans.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Bout time someone got off their duff and picked up Kaiba. Really great show. I hope they can get it on streaming sites so that it's easy to access legally.
Mike Young

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:10 pm Reply with quote
So pumped to see Kaiba getting a treatment. Will pick this up for sure!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3