• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kadokawa Announces 3 New Anime Titles, Rising of the Shield Hero Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
That Chio's school road trailer was hilarious, I'm looking forward to the show a lot.
Project D looks pretty cool too.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
So 4 new animes were announced and not 2? Or am i missing something here?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
So 4 new animes were announced and not 2? Or am i missing something here?

Shield Hero and Chio were both announced before this.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Really hope we get shield hero no later than spring season. Looks like it'll be the top show to watch no matter which season it debuts. I'm so hyped. Very Happy
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
only one I'm looking forward to is Angolmois. The others are meh..I'm tired of Time traveling setting type of anime now and same goes for "otakus getting to video games and have to save da world". Man, are all these light novels the same or what? Rolling Eyes Its just me though.
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
DatRandomDude wrote:

But the names attached on it tho. Takuya Sato worked on Steins;gate so he knows about dat time travel stuff and Yoshitoshi abe ... i mean, he's just character designer but usually when he's in something its pretty damn gud.

Of course that doesnt automatically means thats its going to be great but i wouldnt dismiss this just because its ''another time travel crap''

I could care less about the staff to be honest. The most important thing above all else is the script. Project D is literally about someone going back in time. Steins;Gate initially somewhat worked because it actually showed the dire consequences of tampering time but in the end everything is undone so nothing of importance truly happened. If Project D is instead about the MC finding out what happened to his girl in the present timeline (no time travel nonsense present) then I would be interested. This show can get all the talented people they want, I doubt they can make a perfectly fine time travel story. As for that character designer, yes he's involved in great projects but you said it yourself, he's just the character designer.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the few chapters I've read of Chio's School Road. I hope they're able to keep the video game references in the anime. The Assassin's Creed stuff was hilarious.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:24 am Reply with quote
The music in all of those(except Chio, but that was just entirely different) is HYPE AS F*CK! lol Felt kind of hollywood-ish honestly.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:54 am Reply with quote
Really hyped for project D. It's been far too long without Yoshitoshi Abe and it was about time he returned.
The Mongolian one looks pretty good too (by the way, anybody familiar with the manga? I hope is a good one and not some shonen crap)
The other 2 look godawful, though
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:18 am Reply with quote
I'm wondering how many episodes Shield Hero will be. We see the Queen in the PV...so am hoping we do get to when she's introduced into the story. Still, I don't mind where they cover to for this one, as I doubt that they'll cover up until where One Peace Books' releases are up to.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Angolmois - Not my thing.

Project D - Looks like it could be promising. The ABe designs don't seem super recognisable in the animation though...

Chio-Chan - Ohhhhh yeahhh this is the good stuff. I'm so excited for it. So glad to see they've kept all the great faces in it. I love how confusing the trailer will be for anyone who doesn't know the series.

Shield Hero - Lots of people say it's not just isekai garbage. Won't doubt that but not sure if I care enough to check it out. Maybe I'll look at spoilers to see why it's better.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Angolmois: Mikazuki grew up. Those damn Mongolians won't be breaking down his city wall.

Project D: Reminds me of BdgIM, especially that red coat.

Chio-chan: That pole dance won me over. The rest is a big bonus of laughs.

Rising Shield: Hyped! Saber of Red is in it. Nice.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:41 am Reply with quote
OK, this "Project D" got my attention from the description alone. This would be setting a new precedent if Sentai, Funi, CR, or Daisuki would license this within a week of this announcement. The reason I list these companies because they have a better established rapport with anime fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2