• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Premiere Dates for More Simuldub Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:06 am Reply with quote
Ah thanks for explaining Psycho 101 and that makes sense
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:25 am Reply with quote
sailorsweeper wrote:
Ah thanks for explaining Psycho 101 and that makes sense

Think of the old saying "this is why we can't have nice things" basically. Which is why we also ask users to simply report such bait because responding just feeds it.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
That saying never gets old since it is so true
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
Teraman wrote:
getchman wrote:
since more will just drive people to avoid funi, not buy their stuff and just use fansubs, thus harming the R1 Industry

Doubtful, since it took people over two months to "discover" the "problem" with Dragon Maid's dub. Not to mention that it's far from Funimation's most egregiously rewritten show.
Exactly. I mean, I thought Danganronpa was WAAAAAY more deserving of a lashing than Dragon Maid. If they made jokes about women's rights it would have been slaughtered.

Hagakure's Wild Stallions/stoner thing, Monokuma becoming Gilbert Gottfried, Junko's valley girl speech, all the memes, regardless of whether you think that's funny (I really don't) it's something they should have been far more harshly criticised for given how at odds it is with the English adaptation of the game. Not to mention the English cast is just a mess with some of the game's cast returning, others not, and Johnny's scheduling issues which lead to him being replaced towards the end (Not anyone's fault, but it kinda does affect its overall quality).

I think it's a lot more worthy of discussion than like... 3 slightly iffy jokes about slut shaming in an otherwise very well made dub. Yet at the same time, you don't see me calling out the scriptwriter by name in a thread that has nothing to do with them and harrassing them on social media. Especially considering, y'know, the dub came out months ago and it's not worth getting all that frustrated about.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:10 am Reply with quote
I thought Lupin the 3rd part IV was dubbed ages ago, and given by the cast I thought it was a Bang Zoom! dub.
levonr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I thought Lupin the 3rd part IV was dubbed ages ago, and given by the cast I thought it was a Bang Zoom! dub.

The dub is only just being released, first airs on Adult Swim & then streams on FUNimation. Dubbed by Bang Zoom.
SkerllyFC07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 am Reply with quote
What I meant with my comment is that you can do something to stop Funimation of using an Shonen Jump Weekly agenda. You can make a petition to change.org or something. Complaining in forums that all anime dubs and subs are bad is not solving the problem with Funi. I still haven´t seen people try something to tell them to better their localizations
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I wish they could get the original Saiyuki cast back. I know Braden Hunt hasn't done anything in YEARS but it would be worth it...to get him back
levonr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I wish they could get the original Saiyuki cast back. I know Braden Hunt hasn't done anything in YEARS but it would be worth it...to get him back

I can see David Matranga & Greg Ayres returning. Braden Hunt did return for Saiyuki Gaiden in 2013 and no other roles. Its not impossible, of course we can forget about Illich Guardiola...
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
GolfDude wrote:
it seems like they altered their release time strategy.. when they started, they wanted to group them all together from 8pm onward.. now they are doing daytime releases for the bulk of this season..

Probably due to it being the summer.

Good point. I would guess that the consistent 8 PM time was used so it was easier to keep track of when episodes were available, and so they could transition from one show to the next in one sitting. Personally, I'm ok with the change since it will be more like before when I would get home from work and the episodes would already be available.
StarchildStorm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Honestly feels like there's been a whole lot of nothing from Funimation worth watching as of late. Maybe I should test the waters some before saying that but the winter season there was a ton I was enjoying but spring and summer just have nothing leaping out at me at all, not really helped by how I've pretty much completely stopped caring about My Hero Academia anymore. Kind of feels like I'm shelling out more for the archive content than anything these days and even that I don't use as much as I should.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quote
StarchildStorm wrote:
Honestly feels like there's been a whole lot of nothing from Funimation worth watching as of late. Maybe I should test the waters some before saying that but the winter season there was a ton I was enjoying but spring and summer just have nothing leaping out at me at all, not really helped by how I've pretty much completely stopped caring about My Hero Academia anymore. Kind of feels like I'm shelling out more for the archive content than anything these days and even that I don't use as much as I should.
yup the summer SimulDubs are very disappointing. I would of liked it better if they had just did some backlog dubbing for the summer. It just feels like there dubbing whatever they can to fill slots rather than going for quality. Then again there was only one anime I was looking forward to so I really wasn't going to be that happy with whatever they announced. And of course there not dubbing it so it's off to CR for this season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2