• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Valkyria Chronicles 4: Eastern Front Revealed for 2018 on PS4, Xbox One, Switch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragdollomega

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:30 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Oh, and SEGA please dont use aweful gay steriotypes like you did in VC1. That was just bad and really detracted from an awesome game.

Really? I thought Jann was really popular among fans. He was easily my favorite Lancer in VC1.

Same, he was probably my favorite and best lancer. He managed to pull off some tricky shots to kill off tanks when I really needed it most.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they will make this into a anime of some kind. Be nice get a revisiting to the story and action.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
movie_buff36 wrote:
no PC version?? despite selling almost a million copy on steam?? pfttttt

Guessing they want to get their ducks in a row before committing to a PC version.

ScruffyKiwi wrote:

Oh, and SEGA please dont use aweful gay steriotypes like you did in VC1. That was just bad and really detracted from an awesome game.

I didn't feel Jann was an awful stereotype of either a gay (or transsexual) person. Not to mention with Jann being an optional character who has no bearing on the story they don't really feature that much into it to be a distraction.
michaelntj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
I'm very sad that there won't be any copies available for PC (because I'm in the PC master race side and not a fan of 60fps consoles). I think I have to buy a PS4 just to play this game and then resell it to my neighbor.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:03 am Reply with quote
It'll likely be ported to PC after a few years. Whenever the 'complete edition' or whatever comes out on consoles with all the DLC/etc then that's when it'll most likely be released on PC. I'll wait it out.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
If you can afford a decent gaming pc, you can afford a ps4 and a pc. Hell I feel most gamers probably have a ps4, xbox one, switch and a pc at this point. Honestly though only reason I do any gaming on the pc is for mods, just dont like playing on a pc.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 am Reply with quote
after that awful spin off it looks like Sega finally realized that this is what the fans want
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I wonder if they will make this into a anime of some kind. Be nice get a revisiting to the story and action.

I'd just rather see the original first anime finally freed up from Sony rights limbo, streaming on Crunchyroll instead of Crackle, and on disk in North America for less than three figures on Amazon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RidLyDHL5BI
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
If they haven't already they need to release the 3rd game in English.

I was hoping for a Valkyria chronicles IV or skies of arcadia 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
after that awful spin off it looks like Sega finally realized that this is what the fans want

Given the preview this game was likely made at the same time as Azure Revolution so I wouldn't go given the fans (whiny as many of them were) a pat on the back. Especially if they rail against this game for not being a s good as the original VC.

Inu-Yasha wrote:
If they haven't already they need to release the 3rd game in English.

Oh what platform as the Vita's basically treading water and blowing the game up for PS4 and PC wouldn't exactly be a good investment.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:17 am Reply with quote
@EricJ2: I think there should be a rule that when an American company gets an anime license, it is required that they actually stream it or release on DVD/BD.
glgunblade

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Stil lwaiting for VC2 and 3 to get a rerelease for console or PC... Someday...
Wishful thinking mayhaps?
Also what went wrong with the spinoff?
Heard about it then it fell off the radar and saw nothing about it, was wanting to play it.
Was it just that shit?
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:35 pm Reply with quote
A new SnV game! RAITA IS BACK! YEAH! Wow. I thought it was a joke with AKnV being in different setting, but they actually did it with this as well. Also, WTF is this worldwide audience? Just focus on Japan and release it overseas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2