• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Simuldub Premiere Dates

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Michelles' tweets are practically announcing "I'm playing Tomoyo" in not-so many words.

no, not at all. She's on ADR prep. Each season she tweets about what shows she working on and if she really likes a certain character, she'll constantly tweet about it. which is exactly what she's doing in that thread
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Primus wrote:

Michelle Rojas is working on the show, so it'll be a Texas cast.

This Tweet may or may not be related.

So its Fafner 2.0 if that's true. That's extremely dissapointing. Makes me wonder if they even bothered to contact any of the cast members from either the Ocean dub or the LA dub. If its anything like the Fafner or Escaflowne dubs, the answer's probably no.

The worst aspect of the Crunchyroll x Funimation partnership is that their simuldubs are always going to be recorded in Texas.

Better hope any continuation of Black Lagoon isn't a TV show. Rolling Eyes
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
The worst aspect of the Crunchyroll x Funimation partnership is that their simuldubs are always going to be recorded in Texas.

Why? Seeing as how they got everyone back for the Roberta's Blood Trail OVAs, I'm pretty sure if the show got a new season it wouldn't a be a problem.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Michelle is just on ADR prep for Cardcaptors. every season she tweets what she is working on while getting the script prepared for each ep. Last season it was Kings Game and Dies Irae. This season its Cardcaptors and Basilisk. It doesn't means she's in those shows

Oh, I see. Then I guess Natalie Hoover may be Tomoyo, granted that other Tweet is indeed related.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Primus wrote:

Why? Seeing as how they got everyone back for the Roberta's Blood Trail OVAs, I'm pretty sure if the show got a new season it wouldn't a be a problem.

I said TV series. Fans are more willing to wait for things like OVAs and theatrical films. Funimation's historically shown far more willingness to reunite original casts for films/OVAs than they have with longer form material. Roberta's Blood Trail came out years after the Japanese release. In the time since its English release, Funimation has since transformed into the "Gotta go fast" of anime dubs. The only way they'd be able to do a simuldub of something like Black Lagoon with the original cast at Ocean is if the episodes were completed far in advance of broadcast.

I'm just talking hypotheticals anyway. If the future holds more Black Lagoon animation, it could easily be a remake, in which case Funimation would have no issue recasting everyone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3