• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in the Dungeon?' Franchise Teases 'New Project'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 am Reply with quote
I'm getting the feeling that's just another tease of something unrelated to the second season... But my gut is usually wrong, so there's hope.
Xiximaro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:

This problem is why it took forever for any more To Aru Majutsu no Index to be announced (and honestly, it's kind of surprising that it ever was), and it's almost certainly related to why we haven't seen any more Haruhi Suzumiya in years even though it was extremely popular (no new novels are being written, so they don't feel the need to promote the series any further). Sometimes, anime series are continued in spite of this whole attitude, but I think that I could probably count one one hand the number of light novel adaptations that have gone past two seasons. Manga does slightly better in that some that aim at a younger audience (e.g. Conan or One Piece) and which are made on a continual basis rather than using seasons do end up adapting large amounts of material (sometimes even all of it), and sometimes shorter manga series get fully adapted (though that happens less now that they don't do 26 episode seasons as much), but light novels really get the short end of the stick.

The result is that in most cases, we're pretty much ultimately stuck getting just getting the first part of a story when an anime adapts a light novel or manga series and that unless the original material is in English (or you can read Japanese), you'll never get the whole story. And that really sucks.

You might as well take Index as an exception to the rule. I think it's getting adapted because of the fanbase(both anime and mostly from the novels) which is quite large and they are always asking about the sequel, from a financial point of view they must be certain they can capitalize that, whereas other Novels tend to be forgotten.
What I still don't get, is Gintama. How can they always end a anime season when it's catching up to the manga and make a new season when they have enough material? That's like ideal for all long manga, for example One Piece anime would not ever drag the episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2