• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: AKB48 Rumored to End Swimsuit Gravure Photos for Underage Members

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltimateEye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I liked most of AKB0048, but not so much this episode (10):

The girl behind the tree is 10-11; the one next to her is 17. The others are 13-14.

What's your issue with it, exactly? I think the image is quite cute. If it were a photo, I can understand why it'd be a bit untoward, but this is merely a cartoon. Besides, the subject matter is nothing that you wouldn't see on an average beach IRL, so I don't see it as something to get really antsy over.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
UltimateEye wrote:
Besides, the subject matter is nothing that you wouldn't see on an average beach IRL, so I don't see it as something to get really antsy over.

America is really uncomfortable about natural things like the human body.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:06 am Reply with quote
That's a cute one, yes. But there are a lot of more fanservice-y shots in the episode itself.
Compelled to Reply

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
I also see no issue. Yes there's a minority of sick f**ks who get off to it, but that goes for a lot of stuff. Frankly, all the tween modeling I grew up seeing in Limited Brands storefronts at malls in the 1990s and 2000s was more risque. My assumption is that this decision was first and foremost about business instead of any "sleaze" factors.

It's not a PR stunt to convey some image for the upcoming 2020 Summer Olympics, because Japan is one of the most developed First World countries on Earth, not a paranoid banana republic regime. If that was the case, South Korea has an open closet full of skeletons they haven't done anything about in preparation for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Brazil and Russia didn't either, but everybody pretty much knew they were putting on false facades.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Guess we should ban all children from the beaches and pools, since they may cause some people to have unpure thoughts, and make other people uncomfortable. Perhaps to even better protect society from children, keep them indoors as much as possible, and if they have to go outside or in public, have them wear full length non-descript gowns that conceal body shape. Thus temptation is removed from the unpure, and the uncomfortable people will feel comfortable with having children (and depictions of children) around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3