• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm Reply with quote
God, another Isekai sigh

I want a reverse isekai now lol
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:57 pm Reply with quote
@ myskaros - Anything that’s similar to To Love Ru on some level will always have my attention. Okay then, thanks for telling me this and I’ll be open to trying this out when it premieres. Hopefully, it will at least end up being entertaining/fun to watch.

@ Nyron - You’ve made it quite clear in the past that you don’t like these types of shows, so your massive sarcastic and sweeping generalization-like posts are quite unnecessary and doesn’t achieve anything other than making it harder for you to make friends here. Why would anyone post something on a topic/genre that they don’t even like? Sounds like a waste of effort to me.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
It does have a rather skeevy sounding plot summary but I will give it a try since a good number of people say that it has a good story.

Nyron wrote:
i love watching the same things over and over with no variance because it makes me feel safe
That is unfortunate and personally I enjoy different shows such as Escaflowne, Gate, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Log Horizon, Re:Creators, SAO, and The Devil is a Part-Timer.
Nyron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
It does have a rather skeevy sounding plot summary but I will give it a try since a good number of people say that it has a good story.

Nyron wrote:
i love watching the same things over and over with no variance because it makes me feel safe
That is unfortunate and personally I enjoy different shows such as Escaflowne, Gate, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, Log Horizon, Re:Creators, SAO, and The Devil is a Part-Timer.

all of those shows are the same except for escaflowne. escaflowne had too much world building and original aesthetic and drama to be a successful isekai show.

cheaply-made romps about teens who are actually walking tvtropes articles getting into harmless hijinks or comically violent hijinks are both fine because ultimately they're just brainless filler. as long as i don't have to think or feel emotions when watching shows except for "oh that's violent w0w" or "ha ha ha the tsundere is yelling at the aloof guy", i'm very content.

i was not going to watch grimgar at first, because the art was great, but as soon as i heard that it was an isekai plot for absolutely no reason, i jumped on it instantly
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Don't worry: he decides getting the collars off is one of his priorities pretty quickly(as in early enough it's not a spoiler quickly).
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Lawd! Dat oppai. Great visual. Plot sounds good so I'm interested. Looking forward to a trailer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2