• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Site Anime Reveals Cast, Song Artists, April Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:35 am Reply with quote
Looks like Spring is already shaping up to be a very interesting season for me with this, Full Metal Panic IV, Steins;Gate 0, season 4 of Highschool DxD, and Golden Kamuy all airing. But damn, Amazon Prime. Looks like I’m going to end up finding a way to fit the service onto my budget now after this news.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:46 am Reply with quote
Really sick of these dark magical girl shows

Can we go back to happy shit? Madoka and YuYuYU are the only ones who are going to get the "dark" stories right
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:06 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Can we go back to happy shit? Madoka and YuYuYU are the only ones who are going to get the "dark" stories right
Not when it comes from the Magical Girl Apocalypse author and being the spin-off of it.
Toonces

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:11 pm Reply with quote
A bit disappointed this won't get a dub (at least not anytime soon), but I'm still interested in seeing this animated. The manga is pretty dark, but I like it.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:57 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card..... It is not all dark out there, you do have choices.
lostbirdinatree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Aside from Clear Card which someone else mentioned, there's shows like Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R (which doesn't require any knowledge of the origin series SoulTaker) and Twin Angel Break, so yes, there is choice out there. Or you could check out Mahou Shoujo Ore next season...from what I remember (from the buzz around it), it's great in the comedy department.
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:

Hear is a quote from a SpongeBob Squarepant episode of how upset about these dark magical girl shows "Were's the love?" Crying or Very sad -Spongebob. I feel like the magical girl genre is most endangered genre because it is being destroy in two ways one by Americanization and two deconstruction of genre.
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:38 am Reply with quote
In context of this thread, I read a series out on Medibang that was an entry into the Shounen Weekly Second Manga Contest that was a sentai revolving around this. Thing is, the premise was that an evil corporation was kidnapping teenagers, putting them into experimental battlesuits, and pitting them in real battle situations where else they'd be killed by contracted prisoners and criminals.

One, Magical Girl Site has a sense of logic to be about what it is and does it right. Regarding that entry story above, there are so many damn flaws about its premise (ballistics gel? dummy simulations and disposable prototypes with robotics? what's that? gee safe military experimentation sure don't exist, let's kidnap teenagers and kill them to see if these powered suits work. It's not like Russia has safely created a military grade explosion proof suit not too recently!) that it maddens me for its plothole filled writing. Magical Girl Site makes sense because it would be some sick psycho's way of wacking off to something twisted and wrong.

Two, light magical girls shows will always be around. Don't fret and don't worry people. Everything will be OK. Some darkness is needed to show how things can go bad.

I'm legit interested in Magical Girl Show for what it will show about the human condition.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 am Reply with quote
OnoY! Nice casting. Looking forward to watching a trailer to determine if I should BD this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1