• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High Score Girl (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toprak

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:53 am Reply with quote
S2 EP 1
I really loved new Opening Song! But sadly they have not improved visuality, especially animations that 3d ones. Color pallettes and Art style have not changed much, If they've changed them it is not really noticeable. I can't say anything for audio apart from Turkish Dub. I mean, I've watched First season and OVAs with Turkish Dub and they were really succesful, They could make me feel pride regarding to Turkish Dubs for Animes, but my dudes my guys, this time Netflix really really goofed up, it was actual disappointment for me. I hope they would improve the dubs in another episodes.

We've seen old, yet sad memories that belongs to Akira. Kota(?) I don't really remember her name because I watched the ep with Turkish (which is my native language) dub so I'm going to tell "Trainer" for her. Damn she was really harsh, tough, frozen hearted, she is still like that though. Anyways, as I said above We've seen sad memories of Akira but we've haven't seen just sad memories, We've seen really awesome memories/moments although we've already seen them in 1st Season or OVAs. I love particularly a moment which is our couple were on train they saw fireworks through windows, I want to share my favorite quote in this scene, begging your indulgence. "Everything is so memorable when I'm with you" This quote made me a bit emotional I don't know why. After these memories, We saw Yaguchi with Miyao in Arcade. I had laughed hard when they spoke "Manly" thing each other. The real thrill is coming now, They went to Hidaka's market, Hidaka was really hatred to Yaguchi and suddenly she slapped his face god damn hard. I don't get it why but they went to Yaguchi's house and Akira and her sister were in his house while everything were happening I was like "What the heck?!", Most epicentrum part is here, all of them went his house, everyone was silent they didn't talk each other aproximately 1-2 minute after then Hidaka said "I..." Whaaaaa??? and episode over!

It was good, as always for HSG, pacing was really well. I wonder they were able to make everything good except visuality, If they might have done visuality good/at least decent, probably this anime wouldn't be underrated so much. I'm going to give 6/10 to this episode.
toprak

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:09 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP2 (If anyone read this, I need an advice to how to write ep discussion comments)
Before Opening.
I really laughed hard when Akira's sister compared with her sister about love, love triangle. Whatever there have a big misunderstanding around. I know I already said that but I freaking love this OP hard.

After Opening.
I had hoped so much for seeing a cliffhanger between Akira and Hidaka. I was expecting it, Akira is so overpowered yet badass she beat her up harsh. He went other arcades because of Hidaka's shitty gang, but it didn't affect him at all, he beat up the General, with a strategy which is they've developed it in High School years with Akira. Dude, he is new style though... He is a punk right now. I wonder how would go tournament.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP3
Ono's sister still cute bro. Hidaka is a beast, she really did a perfect job she beat up 10 people 10, you didn't see wrong 10. Hidaka and Yaguchi are now hanging out, I guess. Hidaka confessed her real emotions, love to Yaguchi. They ate and walked around but to be honest Hidaka is quite pervert, she cuddled him and ta da! Ono has seen them. Triangle love has joined chat! Here you go.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:34 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP4
Ono Akira, you are way better than all people in this anime, you are so kind, forgiveful. You are great person that you have forgiven a girl which is wetting for your boyfriend. Also you've searched everywhere for a worthless junkie of arcade.
He kidnapped by her lol, what a possessive madam. They spent a night while playing final fight series and she is going to fight with Hidaka on arcade to claim Yaguchi.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:01 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP5
There is not much to say, Ono Akira beat up Hidaka harshly. And We've learn Yaguchi is going to buy a scooter.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:51 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP6
Yes god yes, Finally Yaguchi is noticing his love, emotions to Akira Ono finally. Moment which is everybody was supporting him. Ahhh that reminds me One Piece. They are going to National Tournament but Akira Ono will go to Los Angeles. It's sad.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:45 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP7
It was really heartwarming, sweet cute. They went other city, eat, walk around, play. They looked each other while they were in bed POGGEERSS!
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:20 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP8
It reminded an old episode. It was like same of old version. It was cute and great. I wonder who would win the cliffhanger.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:53 pm Reply with quote
S2 EP9 (FINAL)
He really has been loser one, this is sad. He even did stop playing. I've been feeling bad for Hidaka. Still we have got sad final.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:53 am Reply with quote
this is one of the odd ball series that hits a home run out of the park truly superb. I have re watched it five times now i think i am on my sixth and that is very unusual for me.

Everything about it i love, the characters, story, art style, and the tension between the characters...it is superb a 20 our of 10.

i wish there could be more. That is not impossible but unlikely.

thanks authour and JC Staff once again JC scores big.

Now if they would only do the sequel for Ano Natsu. I keep praying and lighting incense at New Years Temple.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2