• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Publisher Prepping for 2nd Christian Light Novel Competition

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
ninjamitsuki wrote:
I can't wait for In Another World With My Bible!

The Greatest Adventure: Stories from the Bible is iconic isekai.

Superbook and Flying House are also Christian Isekai. They're the first anime I watched but I didn't know they were anime when I was little.
nargun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
ninjamitsuki wrote:
I can't wait for In Another World With My Bible!

In Another World with my Bible: Converting Heathens One Crusade at a Time! Heck, you could even have it sort of make sense if you just say that it's a timeline branch where everything concerning the life and death of Jesus was still the same rather than a completely parallel timeline. And of course, Peter is genderbent to become a waifu.

But seriously, this could work played straight. Your hero gets kicked to another world and sets up a mission, "what's this [person] preaching about some weird dead god that loves us?" Play up the politics of mission, charity vs prosletysing, local response and take-up, could be interesting. There's a manga out there called "tera-girl", about the daughter of a buddhist monk, you could do something similar in an isekai context.

Or something like those wandering-eatery stories only it's a church, or summat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2