• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga Goes Back on Hiatus in December

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
It’s amazing how well this series still sells despite its....... slow stream of content among other issues.

Goes to show ya that fans are loyal & it take a serious lot to actually drive them away.

honestly,i kinda feel like I'd do the same thing. if I had a chance to stick it to my bosses and still make money an d laugh all the way to the bank. I would.

and damn,i haven't been able to keep up mainly because the damn text blocks make my progression through the chapters come to a crawl. I barely made it to this block of chapters when the hiatus was announced lol.

I honestly don''t mind anymore as long as he keeps this schedule.
SpookyDollhouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
people are so hideously entitled about manga release schedules. He'll finish it when he finishes it.
=Vanilla=

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Time to read Nanatsu no Taizai and Blue Exorcist for the time being, what a joy.

Last edited by =Vanilla= on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
=Vanilla=

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
McThundergoose wrote:
people are so hideously entitled about manga release schedules. He'll finish it when he finishes it.

I mean dude, being a mangaka is his job, I don't really care but some people might be starting to doubt the "O MY ACHING BACK" excuse. It's fine to me though, after all I'd rather he take a break and we get some more art instead of a glorified light novel.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Firefly251 wrote:
MCAL wrote:

Incidentally Hunter x Hunter is actually going to have more chapters in this year than Detective Conan, which are words I never thought I would say.

thats fine. Its when D.Gray-man has more than conan that you need to be worried.

Is it even fair to compare D.Gray-man, that have quarterly schedule with a weekly manga?

I've followed few mangaka who went hiatus due to health problems, most of them release less content than HxH per year but at the very least they're not pulling glorified light novel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2