• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower Limited Edition Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stelman257

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Haha ah well, that’s fair enough. Fate does strange things to us all, maybe they’ll sound better to you in the next movie! Or in future rewatches (if any)!
But yeah I’ve thought that the ufotable Fate dubs have pretty much been spot on, Fate/Zero the clear best contender (Matthew Mercer’s Kiritsugu made me fall in love with the character and the voice actor), but I loved the dubs for UBW and Heaven’s Feel. Getting to see things like the cast interviews is always fun, and I do hope they get back the reprisals in the cast for the upcoming Fate/Grand Order movies/show.

Last edited by Stelman257 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I surprisingly really enjoyed Presage Flower way back when I saw it in theaters. I loved Fate/Zero, but wasn't that crazy at all on UBW. I went into Heaven's Feel pretty blind, and while its unfinished, I was really captivated by its atmosphere and mystery. Considering its slower pace, I was engaged throughout. I don't know how everything's going to turn out with the next two films (its Fate), but I'm definitely going to see them haha

While I was pretty pleased with the Fate/Zero dub, despite some awkwardness with flow and sentence structure early on, I actually had the same issue regarding the UBW dub (haven't seen HF dub yet, but they share those female characters). I will say I was more keen on Sakura's english voice than Rin or Illya's, although there wasn't really much of her in that arc so its hard to make a call either way...

I kind of wish this limited edition was made to fit the other two movies as they are released. I would have liked to have a box set for the whole HF story, but I can't justify three separate editions. If the spine just said "Heaven's Feel I" and it had three discs (the blu-ray and two CDs), I would probably just frankenstein it later on.
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:45 am Reply with quote
Never_Know_Best wrote:
reanimator wrote:
I fell asleep while watching the movie in theater.

Packaging and extra look gorgeous. If I was Fate/Stay night fan, I would shell out my money for the limited edition.

Were you on a date or something? If I still disliked Fate I’d stay miles and miles away from HF...

Nope. Just by myself and I didn't get enough sleep prior. I checked out the movie because there aren't many places where you get to see otaku anime movie in theaters. To me, watching anime in movie theater is better than watching it on TV. And TV series wasn't bad, but I guess I couldn't keep up with movie's pacing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2