• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, February 25-March 3 [2019-03-05]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 am Reply with quote
Shingeki no Bahamut - 2,5k average.
Virgin Soul - 3,1k average.
Manaria 1st week - 10,6k.

Well, oh boy.
Zapdos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 am Reply with quote
Zombieland Saga volume 2 make it to the top 20 for 2nd week? Was hoping sales could be more. Oh well, 15k is good too.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:

Well, oh boy.

Yuri reigns supreme it seems.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:44 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Not sure if it's just power of magical yuri or the power of GBF fanbase - but it's already understocked so hard that they making a second print for the end of the March, so it's not even the final numbers.
Super_M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Not sure if it's just power of magical yuri or the power of GBF fanbase - but it's already understocked so hard that they making a second print for the end of the March, so it's not even the final numbers.

It's power of GBF codes.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:33 am Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
It's power of GBF codes.
Except Virgin Soul had them too - so not only. But for fun, second one will get the Shadowverse bonuses with Anne as leader, so if this one go even more skyrocket than this...
Super_M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Super_M wrote:
It's power of GBF codes.
Except Virgin Soul had them too - so not only. But for fun, second one will get the Shadowverse bonuses with Anne as leader, so if this one go even more skyrocket than this...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but Manaria have better codes than Virgin Soul.

Last edited by Super_M on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Super_M wrote:
It's power of GBF codes.

Not true at all. The Bahamut box set was super expensive for just a dama bar and sun stone- these are some of the best codes in any of the cygames boxsets at the cheapest price. Theres a reason this shows sells 10k discs and has very little fanart.

Also if you follow disc sales pretty much all its discs were sold at once when the code was announced.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:23 am Reply with quote
Super_M wrote:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but Manaria have better codes than Virgin Soul.
It's not - it's just a Damabar for the first one, Sunstone for second and Gold Brick if you get both, same as VS and Umamusume minus the promo chars of Nina and Charioce which was in the VS boxes.
Quote:
Theres a reason this shows sells 10k discs and has very little fanart.
The amount of a fanart isn't a good indicator of how good the sales really goes, as with current Trigger shows like Darling in the Franxx and Gridman.
Quote:
Also if you follow disc sales pretty much all its discs were sold at once when the code was announced.
Spending 21k yen to get just the pretty common things to the current players isn't a good deal still.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 am Reply with quote
The power of Grea is legit. Although joking aside I do get there are layers to why Manaria sold so well.

Kind of disappointed that Index III is selling as well as it is. Don't love the idea of a rushed and somewhat sloppy anime being rewarded. No matter how much they may have wanted to get to the good stuff they shouldn't have rushed through and messed up several arcs.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:20 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Super_M wrote:
It's not - it's just a Damabar for the first one, Sunstone for second and Gold Brick if you get both, same as VS and Umamusume minus the promo chars of Nina and Charioce which was in the VS boxes.
Quote:
Theres a reason this shows sells 10k discs and has very little fanart.
The amount of a fanart isn't a good indicator of how good the sales really goes, as with current Trigger shows like Darling in the Franxx and Gridman.
Quote:
Spending 21k yen to get just the pretty common things to the current players isn't a good deal still.

Good to hear Damabars are now pretty common. And I see you misunderstood the point of what I wrote. Mysteria Friends wasnt selling any disks until the codes came out, sold a ton of disks for a couple days, and then dropped like a rock on amazon. I also dont understand your point about trigger shows? Gridman and Franxx and a ton of fanart and sold a lot of disks? They were in the 5k range which make them each one of the best selling shows in both of their respective seasons and they had some of the most fanart. The point of mentioning the price is that Mysteria Friends has cheaper disks than the others that sold similar mobage codes.

Last edited by Samiamiam on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:24 am; edited 3 times in total
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Samiamiam wrote:
Good to hear Damabars are now pretty common. And I see you misunderstood the point of what I wrote. Mysteria Friends wasnt selling any disks until the codes came out, sold a ton of disks for a couple days, and then dropped like a rock on amazon.
Hold it there. It's on the top of the Amazon ranking straight from the date of it's disc release.

Quote:
I also dont understand your point about trigger shows? Gridman and Franxx and a ton of fanart and sold a lot of disks? They were in the 5k range which make them each one of the best selling shows in both of their respective seasons and they had some of the most fanart
The point is appearing on the most of the fanarts is not correlated to the part how strong disc sales gonna be, same as manga of LN sales. Franxx not sold better than more mild SoraYori and Yurucamp, and Gridman pretty much lost to Zombieland Saga.

Quote:
The point of mentioning the price is that Mysteria Friends has cheaper disks than the others that sold similar mobage codes.
Because you're not included the thing that VS was 4 6-full episode BD boxes and Uma Musume was 1 4-full episode and 3 3-full episode BD boxes compared to 5-15 minutes in Manaria, so that's why they are cheaper, of course?
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
WANNFH wrote:

Well, oh boy.

If that's the case, then Bloom Into You should have outsold those shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1