• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film's U.S. Screenings Earn US$420,595

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sensei Terry Silver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 pm Reply with quote
For those interested (and of course all depending on your local theater listings) it looks like Cineplex has given the movie another week, which is always a good sign for these anime special limited runs, and those in the Montreal region offers screenings until next Wednesday.

I liked the second movie much more than the first one. However, if you haven't seen the first one, making sense of all of what you'll see will be a steep endeavor. It also sets up the third movie quite nicely.
GhostStalkerSA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:07 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Shinji Paradox wrote:
In the New York we had multiple viewings that night and I thought it was only for one showtime. I was actually a little late for the 7:00 viewing and up watching the 10:10. I hope we get at least a weekend for the Third chapter.

The first one showed on two different days, while this one was entirely just a one night ordeal, so I'm not sure if I'd anticipate more days for the third. Even with this one being more successful, maybe part of that is because of their one-night-only strategy?

Yeah, I remember that. Presage flower had a couple days showing right before Thanksgiving 2017 here in NY, the first day being the Saturday of the first AnimeNYC. As I was working that con, I couldn’t go that day, but I eventually went later in the week. It was shown at Village East, the theater where we also get Love Live and Bandori concert DVs, because the distribution was managed by the same small company that distributes those concerts, Azoland Pictures. We apparently got some swag there, but I missed it because I arrived late. Also, the screening was in one of the basement movie rooms, instead of the domed ceiling 2 floor theater with balconies we usually get for DVs, but it can understand that. The theater was packed full even still.

Lost butterfly’s distribution was managed by Fathom and Atom Tickets instead, turning it into one of their one day events like how they handled the presage flower dub showing. No swag this time, but I guess showing it at a bunch more theaters probably got more people seeing it. I probably could’ve gone to a more local theater in Staten Island or Brooklyn to see it, since they were showing it, but I decided to see it at Union Square instead, because I knew I’d be getting the full otaku experience with the NYU people coming to see it. We had a packed full house, complete with cosplayers, Fate fans, and a couple of guys who whipped out fight sticks and a laptop to play Fate Unlimited Codes 10 minutes before the screening was to start.

The theater management apparently moved the screening to another room than planned because the seat that I reserved through Union Square’s half assed seat numbering system didn’t actually exist (I reserved seat D14, and row D ended at D13 instead, and no way I was about to squeeze myself into the space between that seat and the wall). According to the theater’s website, they switched it to general seating around the same time they added the second showing at 10pm. Oh well, grabbed what seat I could, and enjoyed the movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3