• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spike TV: More Afro Samurai Ratings

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
BeyonderZ wrote:
It was trash.. The anime it self was created for simple minded anime fans that just want to see people getting killed. Of course what else can you expect from FUNi and a combo with Spike TV.
I'm sure the show will keep decent ratings... but it's still trash.. only your basic Dumb Ass Anime Fans will watch it.

What an intelligent and unbiased response. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
BeyonderZ wrote:
It was trash.. The anime it self was created for simple minded anime fans that just want to see people getting killed. Of course what else can you expect from FUNi and a combo with Spike TV.
I'm sure the show will keep decent ratings... but it's still trash.. only your basic Dumb Ass Anime Fans will watch it.

Nice job trashing people for liking the show. Rolling Eyes What do you mean, you can expect this from FUNi?

Also, Black Lagoon is licensed by Geneon.
Vash024

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote
BeyonderZ wrote:

It's not like Spike TV and FuniMation had a major hand in the production of it. If you were conscious and read other posts, you would have found that it was based off a manga and produced by GONZO.

Is there something wrong with an anime being "simple-minded?" I personally found it kind of relieving to have something I can just "sit down and watch" without having to worry about a huge cast of characters, an over-complicated plot, and a series that I know will be at least 26-52 episodes. With this, I can get into it immediately and then it'll be over. It's fine if you didn't like it, but you seem not to have sufficient reasons that warrant calling it trash.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Seesh Spike has gone of record saying if the first 5 Episodes are sucessful enough in ratings the show will continue past 5 episodes, 5 Episodes are the normal season amount of episodes Spike airs for Animated Programs.Which makes me ask, if the show doesn't continue will the ending be open?
Doraneko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:42 pm Reply with quote
BeyonderZ wrote:

Oh Mr Non-basic and Non-dumb-ass Anime Fan:

Feel free to trash the show. But trashing the audience is a whole different subject and the last thing you should do, especially when you are trying to show off your superiority of taste over the others. And even if you stick only to attacking the show, at least think more about it and give a few valid reasons, instead of just a non-dumb-ass reply.

Back to the show itself, I think it is a bit like the Hollywood celebrity productions with impressive visual effects but not much intrinsic value. The plot of the whole episode can be summmarized into a line doesn't help either. Granted there are many superior choices in the genre, I still wouldn't deny that it is somewhat a nice series to shut off your brain and get yourself relaxed, especially after one day of work. I follow the series at the meantime since I find myself having too much free time on hand during this semester break. But when the semester starts I may drop it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2