• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 am Reply with quote
bennyl wrote:
"ostrichsized" of being similar size to a large flightless bird.

That one made me spit-take my coffee. Laughing

I'm totally on board the good ship Joro/Sun. I've been rooting for them from the beginning. HOWEVER!...that was not Bench-kun! Bench-chan, maybe. Bench-kun has metal arm-rests! (lol, while looking for images to be sure my memory wasn't playing tricks, google pulled up someone quoting me in the Fire Force thread (but not my original post)!)

To be honest, I'd mostly forgotten about this series altogether, so when this conclusion popped up I was surprised. It wasn't so bad (I might have to rewatch it since I was falling asleep at the end, though not due to the content but just the hour). Mostly, as with the rest of the series, just listening to the startling sounds coming out of Daiki Yamashita's mouth plus the hilarious faces was the best part. What I wouldn't give to see some video of those recording sessions. Laughing

On another, completely personal, note, this is the fifth time in the last few weeks I've run across reminders of Ace of Diamond, which for inexplicable reasons I've become a huge nerd over. One was realizing that the ED of this season of Re: Zero is written by AoD's old standby Tom-H@ck + hotaru, which kind of blows my mind because the genres of the songs are so radically different. Second was someone pointing out that when any character comments that "the moon is beautiful tonight" it's all but an outright love confession, which made me do a double-take since AoD has a funny scene in which Furuya says that to Sawamura despite the moon being covered in clouds. And then of course that line appearing at the end of Oresuke. Plus Sun's (who btw has a really weird pitching form) whole baseball side-story. That Daiki Yamashita also voices a main AoD Act II character is just the cherry on top for me. Smile
Seagloom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 pm Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
Im guessing the LN goes past all this

because the manga ended this week and its diff from this OVA lol..

Yup! Waaay past this. These OVAs end at volume five of what is already a fourteen volume ongoing series.
TexZero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Bros before Hose was a fitting conclusion to the show.
leongsh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:40 am Reply with quote
TexZero wrote:

Looks like most posters here and the reviewer had the phrase "Tuski ga kirei, desu ne." go totally over their heads. How disappointing.

That phrase is the Japanese literary, poetic and romantic way of saying "I love you". Tje OVA closes with Joro's true love confession in response to Pansy's repeat love confession. Pansy definite knows what that phrase means since she loves reading Japamese literature.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 am Reply with quote
He also openly confessed to all the other girls without hiding behind a metaphor, so yeah, people say things they don't honestly or wholly mean all the time. That's why they say "talk is cheap." Or "when words and actions disagree, believe actions." He called Sun-chan the person he loves, and followed through on that, so when words and actions agree, I'd say you have a winner. ;P

In other words, no, we didn't miss that (I even mentioned it up above), but we can all still interpret this particular ending as we like, since they were careful to leave all the doors open.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:36 pm Reply with quote
leongsh wrote:
TexZero wrote:

Looks like most posters here and the reviewer had the phrase "Tuski ga kirei, desu ne." go totally over their heads. How disappointing.

That phrase is the Japanese literary, poetic and romantic way of saying "I love you". Tje OVA closes with Joro's true love confession in response to Pansy's repeat love confession. Pansy definite knows what that phrase means since she loves reading Japamese literature.

Nothing goes over my head my reflexes are too fast.

But really my phrasing wasn't so much about who i ship, so much as how i viewed the episode as a whole. I understood the pun at the end just fine, but without the Bros helping Joro there'd be no pun. Thus Bros before Hose.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:17 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! Saved me over an hour! Wink
Cryten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:12 pm Reply with quote
So its going with the semi cop out safe play of we totally want to be only friends "meaningful eyes". I guess I overestimated the character of pansy. I thought she was going to teach Joro about real relationships.

I dont know if its unfair to call the series just another harem series. But it promised a dressing down of the fakery of harem characters. Instead it just said Hose is a cruel bastid that makes Joro and Sun look good in comparison.

Its slightly weird that Sun being the one who most threaten genuine peril on females was the only one who did the right thing to let pansy choose her relationships.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10