• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World Vol 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:38 am Reply with quote
CelestialEmpress wrote:
BlueBeast33 wrote:
That fight is fine and can be done in 2 or 3 episodes.

No, this fight took 10 chapters to finish and the anime people should really have to waste just as many weeks on it to really appreciate the glacial pace that the readers had to sit through.

Jokes aside, that’s unlikely.

The original anime adapted 2 chapters per episode to not catch up to the manga. This combined with the manga’s decompressed storytelling made for an arduous watch as things happened very slowly on TV.

But now that the manga’s long over they can pretty much use however any amount of chapters they want per episode. We can finally get a Bleach property with fast & liberal pacing. Rukia vs the Espada with the hard to spell name took like 10 episodes, now Rukia vs As Nodt will take like 2 episodes or so depending on what’s better for the storytelling & maintaining elements like tension for Nodt’s dread-including fear attacks.

It’s a dream come true. Very Happy
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 am Reply with quote
CelestialEmpress wrote:
BlueBeast33 wrote:
That fight is fine and can be done in 2 or 3 episodes.

No, this fight took 10 chapters to finish and the anime people should really have to waste just as many weeks on it to really appreciate the glacial pace that the readers had to sit through.

That's not how anime adaptations work. Also not everyone reads manga weekly, many read it by the volume.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2