• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Anime's English Dub on Wednesday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:17 am Reply with quote
YES! FINALLY! I've been waiting on this to be announced.

Edit: I wonder why they replaced Alison Viktorin in the cast. It's not like she hasn't done simuldubs in the past. Maybe it was a scheduling thing.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:12 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Edit: I wonder why they replaced Alison Viktorin in the cast. It's not like she hasn't done simuldubs in the past. Maybe it was a scheduling thing.

She retiring from Voice acting for some circumstances:

1.first after she tweet her opinion about the riot in january, then she get lot of backlash from fans on twitter, many of them were dissapointed and began to insult and comdemn her.

2. second, she want to retired because she want to focus to take care of her family.

Last edited by Farhanawesome on Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:18 am Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

1.first after she tweet her opinion about the riot in january, then she get backlash from by fans from twitter many of them were dissapointed or began to insult and comdemn her.

2. second, she want to retired because she want to focus to take care of her family.

If that first part is true, I see where that would cause problems.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:38 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Indeed, the first part is true.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:46 am Reply with quote
Figured this would be coming up soon given that it's one of the more popular sequels this season (and that the ADR director for this show will be finishing up Megalobox Nomad pretty soon).

Also hoping Vanitas and/or Kageki Shoujo follow soon!
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:03 am Reply with quote
So they say it will be available "in funimation", but it is not available in funimation latin america, as usual the gringos threat us like second class users.
Kalisia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 am Reply with quote
[/img]
RockSplash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:25 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

1.first after she tweet her opinion about the riot in january, then she get backlash from by fans from twitter many of them were dissapointed or began to insult and comdemn her.

I hate how people treat dub voice actors like they need to be perfect and never mention any problems that they have. Meanwhile if they don't say something then it is just as bad.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
So they say it will be available "in funimation", but it is not available in funimation latin america, as usual the gringos threat us like second class users.

that's because its CR's show so you'll get your dub from them
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:33 am Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I hate how people treat dub voice actors like they need to be perfect and never mention any problems that they have. Meanwhile if they don't say something then it is just as bad.

I mean, there's a difference between not being perfect and actively voicing your support for those committing an attempted coup.
Mamono Hunter Yo Bro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully there'll be a Spanish dub from Crunchy or Funi. The one for the first season was surprisingly good! It's a shame that Alison Viktorin, but she definitely was vocal in her opinions.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:28 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

If crunchyroll announced that a dub would be available "in crunchyroll" you bet it will be available in latin america as well; yeah, even the english dubs. For Funimation to triumphantly announce that the english dub would be available in their streaming platform, without any fine print like in english speaking countries just shows how little they care about countries outside the angloshpere.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
getchman wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

If crunchyroll announced that a dub would be available "in crunchyroll" you bet it will be available in latin america as well; yeah, even the english dubs. For Funimation to triumphantly announce that the english dub would be available in their streaming platform, without any fine print like in english speaking countries just shows how little they care about countries outside the angloshpere.

Well thats their main base and where pretty much all their money comes from so...
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:17 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
getchman wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

Do people in Mexico watch American English dubs? Why would you rather watch an English dub than the sub or a Mexican Spanish dub that Crunchyroll will eventually release? Funimation doesn't dub Kobayashi in any language other than English.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:18 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Do people in Mexico watch American English dubs?

Let me point that gun back at you. Do people in the USA watch latin spanish dubs? Because Funimation has been making those available in the USA (and other parts of the anglosphere, like Australia, which has neglible latino immigrant population) those dubs, want to know how Fire Force sounds in spanish? No problem, just change the language in the app or web browser.

Quote:
Why would you rather watch an English dub

Just an in japan, in Mexico the second taught language is english and one learning tool is watching TV series spoken in english (with english or spanish subtitles).

Quote:
Funimation doesn't dub Kobayashi in any language other than English.

Nobody said otherwise. What irks me is this big "Mission Acomplished" triumphalism that could not bother to include in the press release what countries were covered or at the very least, what regions (i.e. latin america) were left out. Funimation attitude reeks of "but, but, latinos can't read english, everyone knows that, the press release is for Englishmen only"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1