• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Easter Eggs.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy26

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:33 pm Reply with quote
i>This may contain spoilers for SSSS Gridman.</i>

I just discovered something in the closing credits of Gridman that looks like a confirmation of a fan theory related to the series.

The last few frames show a live action background of a bridge with an animated character leaning against the railing. She has dark hair and at first glance would lead you to believe this is Rikka Takarada. Her clothing however is purple, more reminiscent of the color schemes that are used for Akane Shinjo. The next frames show a close up of the girls face and it is difficult to tell with the credits rolling over the image but she does not look like either character to me.

This leads me to believe in the theory that Akane is an actual person IRL and the story of Gridman takes place in her dreams. A theory strongly supported by the live action sequence that appears at the end of the final episode.

My observation regarding the images in the closing sequence are surely not the first ones to be made regarding this topic, however this was something that I discovered myself and drawing those lines to a beloved series like this was such a rush for me.

Are there any easter eggs in any of your favorite series, either discovered by you or the community at large that you really enjoy?

Have you watched Gridman and picked up on this same egg yourself?

Looking forward to watching the second season and movie, hope they contain more of the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1