• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad to become TV anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, this comes as no surprise whatsoever. I'm just glad KyoAni is indeed animating it. They're doing great on Kanon and while I still need to finish AIR (silly old me), what I've seen of that was great too.

Also, Little Busters will be coming out soon, adding one more to the list of Key games yet to be animated (ONE and Planetarian [which made me cry like a baby by the way]). I might actually buy LB. It looks good.

Also, the great thing about this one is that thousands of people haven't already seen it, so It's not likely I'll be spoiled (unlike Kanon).
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
By the way, why is there vintage information on the ANN encyclopedia entry? The show has no known broadcast date as far as I know... March 20, 2007 is the date when there will be more information available and where was it mentioned that October was the airing date?

The "March 20" has been taken off. The October airing date is based on the description written on the YouTube page:

Quote:
BS-iにて2007年秋放送開始予定

While this source may not be 100% reliable, I consider it very reasonable, for the Clannad movie will be premiered on September 15th, and we had Kanon's trailer just about a year ago, followed by Kanon on TV six months later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I've heard of Air but never seen it.
What's this Trinty stuff? IS there a websitie with info on it.
Or is this a fan thing? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:55 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:

Random keyword of the day: kagikko. Cool

Last edited by frentymon on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Yippee!!!!!

Clannad TV and movie. Very Happy

Now the only thing that we need is a R1 distributor for Kanon 2k6, Air and Clannad. They should catch us before we spend our money on R2s again. Wink

Now if only Kyo-ani would do a Planetarian OVA......
Akukaze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
Mirrinus wrote:
Yeah, I've always thought it was a quartet of visual novels, if you count ONE, which was still technically made by pretty much the same people. They fit a nice cycle of seasons:

Autumn - ONE
Winter - Kanon
Spring - Clannad
Summer - Air

Except that ONE starts at the end of November and continues through April.

And CLANNAD goes into \winter, but the theme is focused on Spring, and the same holds for ONE, IMO.

britannicamoore wrote:

The three (or four, counting ONE) aren't really related story-wise, the "Trinity stuff" is just us fans being weird. :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vanMould

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:16 am Reply with quote
Hmpf...I thought it was more or less settled that they would to Haruhi S2 this autumn. Quite dissapointed now. Oh well...I rather have them doing Haruhi S2 well than soon, and I'll probably enjoy Clannad anyway.

And then there's Lucky Star. FMP: Fumoffu meets Azumanga Diaoh meets Genshiken Very Happy
hara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:04 am Reply with quote
I once thought Kyoto Animation was a good animation company but except Haruhi they only produce crap. Can't they use their budget for innovative titles instead of wasting it on boring eroge stuff?

Haruhi S2 is just a ghost to keep the fans watching Kyoto's harem crap. I hope another company picks up the rights for continuing Haruhi. I would be even fine with Gonzo.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
I once thought Kyoto Animation was a good animation company but except Haruhi they only produce crap. Can't they use their budget for innovative titles instead of wasting it on boring eroge stuff?

Ever heard of FMP: Fumoffu and FMP: TSR?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hara

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quote
Okay, FMP is not crap but somehow bland and generic. I mean, they haven't produced anything on the level of Haruhi.
Hazumu-san

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
it sounds like an interesting show. I have never seen Air or Kanon, but now maybe I should look into it. Smile
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
Okay, FMP is not crap but somehow bland and generic. I mean, they haven't produced anything on the level of Haruhi.

FMP is not, NOT bland. KyoAni did Fumoffu and TSR, while Gonzo did the first one. The author wasn't pleased with Gonzo's work, but loved KyoAni's interpretation.

Besides, TSR had "Her Problem" which was one of the best episodes of an anime I've seen in a while.
dgreater1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
After five days... I came home from an office that doesn't have an internet, then I fired up my Home PC... As my PC boot, my mind was going `I hope there's good news... I hope there's good news'... The first website I decided to check was the Talk About of ANN then my eyes immediately spotted a good news, so good I almost fainted from excitement (just making a story :p). I was expecting a CLANNAD TV after the CLANNAD Movie, but this is just too sudden! This is like getting an additional bonus from your work, but for me this is more than a bonus! The excitement it gave me is more than receiving a bonus! I can't damn control myself from being happy :3 You made my year worth it KyoAni & Toei! Now I have something to look forward once again! (I'm looking forward to this anyway, so what's the use of looking forward again :p)... Anyway... ONE title remaining and the four seasons will now be complete Anime dazed... I think this shows that KyoAni is also a big fan of Key.

Btw... FYI CLANNAD isn't an Eroge Anime smile;
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:06 am Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
After five days... I came home from an office that doesn't have an internet, then I fired up my Home PC.

Thought you should have appeared much earlier. Wink
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
Btw... FYI CLANNAD isn't an Eroge Anime smile;

That's right -- Key makes nakige, not eroge. Damn good ones, too.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3