• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sola

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mind over matter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I think the sister is going to end up playing a big part in the show somewhere near the middle-end. I think she's going to get established as like a background character in the hopes that we'll forget about her...and then *boom* her special "power" or weird story will make a huge twist in the series
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
The marketing pictures and the ANN casting sequence both indicate that Yorito's sister will have a major role in the series. For now, from some slight hints in the first episode, I expect her to have some distinct similarities to Matsuri.
MoonSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
mind over matter i might agree with u on Aono but in the middle of the story it might be a yuri anime?? beacause it might be just like KnM first Himeko loves a guy then in the end she love the girl -_- dunno if im rite or not

But, if it is i think Matsuri and Aono would make a good couple as vampires or living deads xD Laughing
Anthony P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
However, the character I find the most intriguing is the older, sickly, silver-haired sister. What's her deal, she certainly isn't normal?

Yeah, she's got me wondering too. There really haven't been much for clues given; she must have some sort of physical "ailment", what with the all the pills that were shown on her bed's nightstand that the nurse was urging her to take, along with the mention of some sort of testing. However, she doesn't really seem to be in poor health. When she moves, she does so in an able manner, and she's always sitting upright in the bed.
I'm also intrigued by, as digitalkikka called her, the "loli in a box" (forgot her name). From what I gather, the man with the long coat and sword (again, forgot the name) finds her sleeping in her box in a different location each night, which is pretty odd. Also, the man seems to be in some sort of position of subservience to the girl.

In any case, this series has gotten off to a good start, but something tells me it could get really stereotypical later on. Either way, I'm still really enjoying the color usage and the soundtrack.

Also, eighteen people here have already rated the series, and four of them rated it masterpiece already! I know not everyone finishes a series before they rate it, but after two episodes you give it a masterpiece? Rolling Eyes
MoonSpiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote
well if u ask me i think its a yuri anime on my opinion
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Watched the first 2 episodes, the setting has been set, but there hasn't been much character development. Definitely has potential thanks to the setting, but I'm not really impressed yet.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode. It's decent and a refreshing watch so far with competent production value and storyline, and is more than likely to improve massively sometime soon. My only complaint would be that Mamiko Noto is voicing the main character (I mean, she's really talented and all but frankly I really don't like her voice).
mind over matter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote
ryokoalways wrote:
Watched the first 2 episodes, the setting has been set, but there hasn't been much character development. Definitely has potential thanks to the setting, but I'm not really impressed yet.
episode 3 focuses a little bit more on character development (more development of the setting really). I'll be sure to continue keeping a close eye on this anime
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Just a trivial observation.... it seems to me that sola's animation is fairly uneven. Also, there are many minor errors in continuity, etc.

One particularly eyecatching example: Episode 5, around the 16:40-17:00 mark. Mana and Koyori are in Koyori's hospital room, and Koyori rushes to embrace Mana. Long shot establishing the embrace, and Koyori's left arm passes outside Mana's right arm. Closeup, and Koyori's left arm is around Mana's waist, inside Mana's right arm. Then back to the long shot, with the arm outside again.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ShadowGod93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote
You know what, i think that she's not a vampire because she turns to dust in sunlight ya but it could be a bad skin sickness and you think it would be like that if you were 100's of years old.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote
ShadowGod93 wrote:
You know what, i think that she's not a vampire because she turns to dust in sunlight ya but it could be a bad skin sickness and you think it would be like that if you were 100's of years old.

Well Matsuri Shihou is definitely not human since she's able to infect things with her power and has live for a century. There's a small chance she's a vampire but I highly doubt it because vampires have a tendency to burst into ashes when exposed to light. spoiler[Such as where the man hunting her threw that flash emtting device right in front of her.] Also I don't think she has photosensitivity or photoallergic eruptions. spoiler[Because you see particals of her disintegrating in the sun light.] While photosensitivity or photoallergic eruptions just have to do with the skin getting a serious rash or blisters and change in attitude. I think that's what Aono Morimiya has (Yorito's sister).
Anyways Rolling Eyes ... sola is quiet interesting and I can some-what relate to Yorito Morimiya with his obsession of taking pictures of the sky. Smile
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 6....DAMN! We got some REALLY juicy revelations here and there! spoiler[Like for example, Aono is in fact the same type of person as Matsuri which they refer to themselves as Yakas. Which means Aono and Matsuri has indeed known each other for a very long time. Another interesting this is that during the beginning part of the episode, she dreamt that she, Aono, and Yorito were running away into a cave nearby; you can obviously tell that's a flashback. This begs the question, who or what the heck is Yorito? He could be an ancestor of the guy in the flashback, but Aono was really insistant that Yorito is her "brother". In fact you can say the reason why Aono committed suicide in the first place was because Yorito is presumed to be dead. And it's that point Matsuri "brought her back to life" as a Yaka.

And Matsuri and Yorito KISSED!!!! OMG!!!!

And then she disappeared...NOOO! I'm getting Kanon 2006 or even Tsukihime vibes out of that scene! Crying or Very sad]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 7.....wtf?! Shocked

A bunch of stuff happened that are rather intriguing.

spoiler[- The roof of the church is completely destroyed. How the hell did that happen? And where could Takeshi and that the gothic loli girl Mayuko be now?

- Matsuri has been gone of quite some time. Perfect chance of Aono to make her move onto Yorito. Rolling Eyes

- The last scenes of the episode completely threw me off. Why is Matsuri taking care of Mayuko now? And Yorito STABBED Matsuri?!!! Damn you, Aono!!! Evil or Very Mad

And really, who or what is Yorito? I guess we can make an assumption that he's definitely not normal.]

Man, sola is really kicking up to high gear.
mind over matter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
but as we saw in the first episode, a yaka doesn't die easily...so I wonder what spoiler[yorito] was thinking..
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, with episodes 6 and 7, the show just got a LOT better!

I had heard that spoiler[Aono was the same as Matsuri, so I wasn't surprised when that happened. I thought it would cheapen the show but it actually made the show that much more interesting, which surprised me.]

Now, about Yorito...spoiler[Ugh...making him also a Yaka or something close to that just cheapens the entire relationship...I had hoped that Yorito was only Aono's "brother" because she was found collapsed and adopted or something. Guess not.]

I did love the spoiler["Yaka" misunderstanding though.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6