• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi PSP Game Coming from Bandai Namco Games Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Unholy_Nny wrote:
"Adventure game" means "visual novel".

Probably so, with exciting game like turn the page with the X button. I feel that anime fans really do get the short end of the stick sometimes.

But hey, there'll be minigames right? I can't wait for "Dress Up Mikuru"! Razz
game

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
people biased on psp on here too? too bad i own DS and PSP yes
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
game wrote:

I have no favoritism when it comes to system I've own just about every major system that has come out the past 10 years. I am all about which system has the best games, as for the PSP there's really only three games I am interested in. Portable Ops, Mega Man Power up, and Final Fantasy Tactics. And to answer your next question, no I currently don't own a PS3 yet.

Patachu wrote:
But hey, there'll be minigames right? I can't wait for "Dress Up Mikuru"!

I think your the only person waiting to play that. Wink
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Well if your a true Otaku you'll import it, or something like that. There aren't any region coding on games for the PSP right? Just on the movies, that aren't being released anymore.
If I could read Japanese, I might just go after it.

I lament the fact that anime games rarely come out over here. I'd be willing to do some assassinations to get my hands on a fully loaded version of the Gunslinger Girl game and there are plenty of other great anime-based games I'd like to have too.

Since I can't read a bit of Japanese, importing any of them is sort of pointless. Sure I can look at their start up screens and I guess I could figure out all the controls and such through trial and error, but it's just not the same as being able to understand what the heck I'm looking at. (Tis for this reason that I, though I am but an unworthy heretical dub lover, intend to learn the language of the imperial islands and cast out the darkness of my ignorance forever more!)
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quote
game wrote:
Sucks I know. :/

I got a PSP and a DS as well. Razz But I'll be importing Tales games instead. I'm curious as to how a Haruhi game will play out though...I'm guessing its one of those visual novel games. Not really my thing.
Gage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote
Depending on game sales there's a possibility for the game coming to the United States. Also, as the series is highly popular here in the states, I'm sure that it's popular in Japan, thus resulting in good sales. So we may see the game in the US by at least the mid - latter half of 2008?
jtz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quote
that haruhi game might gonna suck. i mean, they may be lucky on their naruto games but how many crappy bandai games have you counted including the gundam games? they always make lots of bad-licensed anime-based games and they always suck. dragon ball z ultimate battle 22 for the ps1 anyone?
gabriel chase

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Gage wrote:
Depending on game sales there's a possibility for the game coming to the United States. Also, as the series is highly popular here in the states, I'm sure that it's popular in Japan, thus resulting in good sales. So we may see the game in the US by at least the mid - latter half of 2008?

Eh, if the gameplay is at all similar to a visual novel it almost certainly won't be released stateside... and I don't know that the popularity of the franchise is visible enough in sales terms for it to matter to those who make such decisions. Despite the DVDs, it isn't really a recognizable property. Yet, anyway -- if it gets picked up by Adult Swim or such, that could quickly change.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 pm Reply with quote
jtz wrote:
dragon ball z ultimate battle 22 for the ps1 anyone?

By the time that atrocity came to North America it was atleast or some where around 5 Years old, and it was Infrogames/Atari's fault for bringing it over in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2