• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quotes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Promise me one thing. Promise me you'll live longer me, even if only for one day, because I don't think I can ever live alone again - Kyoko Otanashi accepting Godai's proposal in Maison Ikkoku.

And if this punk doesn't work out you can still live with me and mom - Kyoko's dad commenting from atop Godai's shoulders in Maison Ikkoku (I'm not kidding. You really have to see the scene. It's the wierdest proposal I've ever seen).

Should we make him mayor? - a townperson commenting about Ryoga who, while lost, passes through the same town for the fourth time.

But, Leona, that's blackmail - a defeated and worn out Sarge about to let Leona stay in the tank police.

BRITAIIIINNNNN!!! - Dominion: Tank Police.
arllyra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:11 pm Reply with quote
From Fushigi Yuugi
(bear with me - I don't have it in front of me, and I've seen 3 translations for the line)

Miaka (to Tamahome) - "No, just now, the moon is up."

(context matters, but I'm not going to give the context, for fear of spoiling the scene for those who actually haven't seen FY yet).
Galatea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:13 am Reply with quote
How I wish I could hear Duo saying "the God of Death is back from hell!" (out of Gundam W, obviously). I've only heard the edited version of the line: "The great destroyer is back in town!" Yet more proof that Toonami editing sucks -_-
Hotaru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:22 am Reply with quote
Not necessarily from anime....but Metal Gear Solid!

Everyone feels sick the first time they kill someone... but killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.
- Solid Snake

There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero, who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light. But light and darkness are equal, and where one exists, so too must the other. And when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step towards being a true hero.- Series closing speech, Record of Lodoss Wars

And finally, this one, dictated by me only after searching the entire last DVD of Bebop, and pressing reverse over and over and over! It's not available online anywhere, I searched. So if you see it, someone stole it from me.

Ever heard this story? There once was a tiger striped cat. This cat died a million deaths, revived, and lived a million lives. And he was owned by various people who..he didn't really care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. And one day the cat became a stray cat which meant he was free. He met a white female cat and the two spent their days together happily. Well, years passed, and the white cat grew weak and died of old age.The tiger striped cat cried a million times, then he died too. Except this time, he didn't come back to life.-Spike
Yeah, good story.-Jet
I hate that story.-Spike
Hm?
I never liked cats, you know that.
Oh yeah, that's right..

And finally, my favorite:

Ted Cole is G Gundam's bitch- Yours truly
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:25 am Reply with quote
Cgoten wrote:

What're some of your favorite anime quotes? I'll start things off with:

"Thou shalt not kill, remember? What kind of church man are you anyway?" - Vash the Stampede from Trigun

thats my favorite anime quote too..

here are some other ones that i really like..

1. "No, no. I can't do that! What am I thinking? I'm a man of God for God's sakes!" - Nicholas D. Wolfwood

2. "Bebop no come for Ed, ooo lala..." - Edward

Vicious: Do you have any idea what you look like right now, Spike?"
Spike: "What?"
Vicious: "A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us. The blood of a beast who wanders, hunting for the blood of others."
Spike: "I've bled all that kind of blood away."
Vicious: "THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"

4. "You killed them. Even though they did terrible things, the decision of who should and who should not live was never and never will be yours to make!" - Vash
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HothJedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:36 am Reply with quote
What I can remember off the top of my head:

"Ten years. Just two words, but its a long time to live" - Saito to Kenshin

"Use whatever technique you want. Now that I've said I'll kill you, your death is assured." - Kenshin to Ji'neh

"Let me guess. You lost your gundam, got captured, and failed to assissinate the scientists." - Hiro to Duo

"Just watch me. I'll become the god of death once again. But right now, I need some sleep." - Duo to Hiro and Wufei

"Stupid frog" - Spike, hallucinating from mushrooms.
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I got those too.

Zechs Merquise- Gundam Wing- "Wars truly are heartless indeed."
Trowa Barton- Gundam Wing- "Those who have laid eyes on a Gundam shall not live to tell about it."
The parasite in D's hand- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust- "Ever hear the saying 'too close for comfort'? Well that was damn uncomfortable."
A-ko- Project A-ko- "Ain't you cold in that?"
Katsuhito- Tenchi Muyo- "Visitors, though you be guests, be more gracious when asking for seconds. Hmm, one of my better ones."
Ryosuke Takahashi- Initial D- "This is going to be a fun night."
Itsuki- Initial D- "The amazing HEEL AND TOE! *gears grind and crunch, car stalls* It worked before...." also "Of course you're no now, you're just a moron eating a bean jam bun."
from All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku: LAND ROVER ATTACK!!!!

Some cliched lines, some bizarre, but there they are.
Sahara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I just love the whole exchange that Asuka and Toji have in volume 5 of the Evangelion manga. I always crack up when I read it
Toji: I think it's just laudatory, da glowin' you bestow on dis dude. Can we possibly hope for summadat indulgeneceness upon our unwor'dy selves?
Asuka: In your dreams. I could never look upon the moon and a microbe in the same way.
T: Micro... you mean me?
A: Yeah. Under the microscope, you're a paramecium, Shinji is a water flea, and Aida is a mitochondria.
T: Hey, mister-awordda advice. She has a pretty face, but she's a bitch t'da bone.
A: Hey! What are you saying to Mr. Kaji?
T: She's vicious, vulgar, and violent. Just da other day, yo! She was handin' out beat-downs on some guys-and I myself witnessed the shameful display of her panties.
A: Shut UP, Toji!
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:56 am Reply with quote
One of my favorites comes from one of the Gung Ho guns in Trigun...
"In this game, losers don't go home, they go to hell."
ownerizer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:06 am Reply with quote
If anyone has seen all of Noir you know where I came up with this:

" Fear the Fork."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SuperSkylineGTR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Lord Byronius,
Mega man yaoi? Are you serious?! that's just plain disturbing. I mean, I know every man (er, woman) has a hobby, but c'mon... some stuff just ain't right.
BC Anime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:15 pm Reply with quote
"Guys cheap enough to hack into things are depressed pale fatsos with glasses. And I'm sure he's a demented otaku with smelly feet. Piece of cake!"
-Faye Valentine (Talking about Ed before they go look for him)
Cowboy Bebop

"Oh, what I heard from the lady next door is that that hacker is gay."
-Woman (Rumor about Ed)
Cowboy Bebop

=\ i can't think of any more...if i do i'll be sure to post em =D
elmurado

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:36 am Reply with quote
'The net is vast and infinite' Ghost in the Shell.
BC Anime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:35 pm Reply with quote
"They're not very strong on their own, but they're hella nasty!"
-Inu Yasha
(InuYasha)

hmmm...i think that's right, if not it's close. anyways, when i was watching it on Adult Swim, it made me laugh =D
Cgoten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:17 pm Reply with quote
BC Anime wrote:

"They're not very strong on their own, but they're hella nasty!"
-Inu Yasha
(InuYasha)

hmmm...i think that's right, if not it's close. anyways, when i was watching it on Adult Swim, it made me laugh =D

The way I remember it was "They ain't so tough but they're hella nasty." But you're probably right. Sometimes it's funny when they change the script. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3