• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where to buy anime figures?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrettyCranium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:39 am Reply with quote
I just wanted to post an update about my experiences with Kirin Hobby (www.kirinhobby.com). After asking about them here, I took the plunge and ordered a figure. I had a quick response and it arrived in a timely fashion. After that, I put in a large order for 5 Haruhi Figmas. Once again, fast response, shipping with tracking number. Unfortunately, the package went to one of my old addresses that was still listed under my Paypal account. I contacted Kirin Hobby and they responded right away, called the post office, and had it shipped to my correct address without any fees or charges. Excellent service overall, especially since it was an international order!

I was very impressed by the customer service and will be buying from them again. I would highly recommend them.
dm@benippon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 am Reply with quote
I'd like to mention beNippon.com if I may, for figures and manga. We have a strong presence in the French market, but have customers from all over the world.

BTW, we just announced a figure give-away promotion yesterday. I thought I'd post it here. Win a free figure by linking your blog to us, please read the complete details. Contest ends on 3/17/09, no purchase necessary.
seattlescotsman

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Mylene wrote:
Grico wrote:

I haven't bought anything from them yet, but

http://www.toysnjoys.com/medicom.html

seems to have quite a good selection as well as actual stores in Hawaii. would love to visit one of those stores some day.

I believe there have been a couple of ANN members who have had trouble with this particular retailer via the online service. Not receiving the merchandise, refunds, or much if any correspondence from customer service.

Wow, thanks for the warning, Mylene. I was actually browsing that site, dropping some statues in my cart when it occurred to me to see if anyone on ANN had anything to say about them... glad I checked!
Veers

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I've placed several successful orders with http://www.kidnemo.com and they have pretty good prices, however if you don't order early from them their prices will really shoot up (but I think they're not alone in this). It's worth noting though that I currently have an order open with them for a figure that they now list as out of stock but when I asked their customer support was quickly assured me was in stock when I placed my order. This was not a preorder and it's been five months and I still don't have it (what's worse is that this is the figure that prompted the entire order in the first place!). I'm not sure what the deal is, since I've gotten other figures from that same order at various increments since placing it. I need to follow up again, now that I'm thinking about it.

http://tmpanime.com/ is another one I've ordered from but they've not updated their inventory in about six months so I'm not sure what the story is on them now.
seattlescotsman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I just received an order from Akadot, and I was very impressed with them. Fast order processing, good contact, and quick shipping via FedEx ground from California.
Maryohki

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Has anyone had any dealings with Toys Logic? There are a number of awesome PVCs coming out that I'm wanting to get, which they offer, but I've never had any experience with them. I'll check the other sites mentioned here too, but I'd like to know about this group for future reference.

Thanks for any help!

Aaaand months later, I respond. But yeah, ToysLogic is my primary source for PVC figures. If TL is offering what I'm looking for and it's in stock still, they're the ones that I place my order with. They're quite helpful and good with communication in my experiences, and I've never had trouble with receiving the item in the condition it should be in. Though I've only actually gotten 2 packages in from them so far, I highly recommend them. (The reason why only two packages is that everything else I've ordered from them was preordered and they're not ready to ship yet). Though it takes ToysLogic a little longer to get preordered items in and shipped to you, likely due to their location being in the US, the upside is that their shipping prices are pretty easy to get along with.
seattlescotsman

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
In the past week, I've placed orders for figures at Hobby Life Japan, Atamaii and Anime Jungle. I'll follow up when the figures arrive to share about my experience with each.
lukewildman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:44 am Reply with quote
I'd like to put forward http://www.theanimetal.com/ I have had great experiences with them! A good british company and you are guranteed good, secure and fast delivery one to check out![/url]
caren_otaku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to recommend www.e2046.com . I do all my shopping at www.e2046.com and have for the past 3 years almost exclusively Their prices have always been great for me
Everything gets packaged nice and comfy so no rattling or bumping around of those precious figures.
Customer service has never been a problem. It's always prompt and helpful. I've only had to deal with customer service mostly for handling stuff like changing something in an order. Typical response time is usually 20 minutes to a few hours depending on when you email them. And they've always been friendly.

So, given the excellent service, selection, and prices they've provided me with, I haven't had much reason to do much ordering anywhere else. I don't think you could go wrong with them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3