• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the slowness of the releases has sort of made me want to go ahead and drop it. But only because of the releases. It's nice to know they've sped up, I'm just not sure I want to go through the trouble of catching up, especially since as much as I enjoy it, it really is quite inferior to a lot of the other series I want to watch right now, and I don't want the catching up to interfere with those. I might just go ahead and wait 'till we get a North American license to continue, but we'll see. I might decide to go back to it eventually, but for now, probably not so much.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you mentioned that while you were down in Tucson. Perhaps once all 26 episodes are out you can marathon it, or just wait for the inevitable US release. "From the Creator of Fullmetal Alchemist" is an easy marketing ploy, so it really should be a no-brainer to bring Hero Tales over to North America.

You're right though, it certainly is inferior to most of the new series, but something keeps bringing me back every time a new episode comes out (episode 10 is out now by the way. Another entertaining episode). I kind of like the slow releases too, as a new episode gets me quite excited and I watch it right away.

That said, no one else besides the two of us seems to be posting in this thread anymore, so I'll probably just let it die. You're thinking about dropping it anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
iggentleman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Hey. I'll Play.
Been watching it since the beginning. It's just ok.
First episode was promising, but the rest seem to be following a formula. While I watch it I like to play "guess what happens next" and I'm usually right.
Doesn't help that the fansubs seem to be coming sporadically. I had trouble remembering what had happened previously.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Perhaps once all 26 episodes are out you can marathon it,

Yeah, that definitely sounds like another good possibility, one in which we also brought up in said discussion in Tuscon I believe. But that's probably what I plan on doing, if not just wait 'till the license. I guess we'll just see what I decide to do eventually.
sj21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
just to say the reason the art looks like fma is because hiromu arakawa(the creator and artist of fma) did the art for jushin enbu.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
sj21 wrote:
just to say the reason the art looks like fma is because hiromu arakawa(the creator and artist of fma) did the art for jushin enbu.

Yes, which is the reason why I wanted to watch this series in the first place.

From the "are there any Jushin enbu fans out there" thread:

sj21 wrote:
i think that this series is an excellent masterpiece with great action and emotional when spoiler[housei has to kill his master.]

While I do not agree that the series is a "excellent masterpiece" (it's too formulaic), I do agree that that scene was pretty involving. I like this series, but mainly because of the art, music, and humor. Based upon 12 episodes: the animation and storyline have their moments, but are otherwise unremarkable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2