• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Biohazard (Resident Evil) CG Anime Film Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
Well actually the live action resident evil movies have been making quite a bit of money for Sony hence why you have three films thus far...

I hope this CG one will be a return to the survival horror of the first three games and not the action horror of the 4th or the over the top action movies that the live action ones are... but most likely Capcom will go very over the top with this one and it'll turn out to be Advent Children meets Resident Evil. Hell, Devil May Cry was originally begun as a Res Evil sequel. The anime was a let down, but a CG anime of Devil May Cry would be way better! They could pull out all the stops for that one!
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I didn't hear anyone complain when Resident Evil 4 came out and they were killing spanish zombies.

Because we were too busy looking at these two:

GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
The first RE movie disappointed, but was cheap enough to do well on home video. I still wish Romero got to have his NC-17 version with Bruce Campbell, though. Crying or Very sad
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
ikillchicken:
Quote:
I didn't hear anyone complain when Resident Evil 4 came out and they were killing spanish zombies.

That's cus they were wondering why the only black guy in part 2 and DC were the first to be killed. But I guess they're just copying us. Rolling Eyes

Um, what?
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
GATSU wrote:
That's cus they were wondering why the only black guy in part 2 and DC were the first to be killed. But I guess they're just copying us. Rolling Eyes

Um, what?
I'm lost on why he means too. Although it's reasonable to assume we won't agree with him even after he explains himself. GATSU's a tad. . . extreme in his views.

Of course, he could just be trying to annoy us with this whole thing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I meant that they were using the same cliche as us.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Seeing as how the live-action Resident Evil bombed. I really don't has high hopes for this flim. And did Final Fantasy tried this type of stunt and fail.

Ummm how does each movie making over 100 million and being number 1 at the box office equate to them being a bomb? They all did very well actually. I'm not debating the quality of the plots mind you but saying they bombed is a gross over statement.

And those saying how RE5 is racist are just idiots. They're the same people who complaimed when they killed spoiler[the "black autobot" (Jazz)] in Transformers. Rolling Eyes
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quote
Transformers is just too plain ignorant across the board to be solely racist. Laughing
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I'm lost on why he means too. Although it's reasonable to assume we won't agree with him even after he explains himself. GATSU's a tad. . . extreme in his views.

Of course, he could just be trying to annoy us with this whole thing.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "myth" that black people always die first in films... And what the hell does this have to do with Resident Evil now? Way off topic.

As for this movie, I suppose it might be good. Although, movies/series based on games are known for being bad, so I'm not getting my hopes up. As a side note, I actually liked the Resident Evil movies. I mean, no where near as much as the games, but I have seen far worse...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:39 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
As for this movie, I suppose it might be good. Although, movies/series based on games are known for being bad, so I'm not getting my hopes up. As a side note, I actually liked the Resident Evil movies. I mean, no where near as much as the games, but I have seen far worse...

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I've only actually seen the first movie, but I didn't hate it by any means. It was okay. I don't know if I would call it good, but definitely not bad. What irritated me was just the fact that they had completely needlessly tacked on the Resident Evil name. There was pretty much no connection save the concept in the most general sense and the odd term. That makes lumping it in under the Resident Evil name just a shameless marketing ploy as I see it.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:45 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "myth" that black people always die first in films... And what the hell does this have to do with Resident Evil now? Way off topic.

IIRC, white folks died first in all the RE movies. Black folks died much later in the film.

And we all know who really dies first in any film:

Poor Lt. Leslie.....how we knew little of thee.....

ikillchicken wrote:
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I've only actually seen the first movie, but I didn't hate it by any means. It was okay. I don't know if I would call it good, but definitely not bad. What irritated me was just the fact that they had completely needlessly tacked on the Resident Evil name. There was pretty much no connection save the concept in the most general sense and the odd term. That makes lumping it in under the Resident Evil name just a shameless marketing ploy as I see it.

The problem was that while the first movie could be easily tacked to the RE Games Franchise easily (or with some modification), the other two movies just became a wank fest for Paul W. S. Anderson to showcase his anorexic trophy wife Milla Jovovich. IIRC, Extinction featured alot of Jovovich-Hawk clothing as well.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Hon'ya-chan wrote:
The problem was that while the first movie could be easily tacked to the RE Games Franchise easily (or with some modification), the other two movies just became a wank fest for Paul W. S. Anderson to showcase his anorexic trophy wife Milla Jovovich. IIRC, Extinction featured alot of Jovovich-Hawk clothing as well.

Huh? My point is that there was no reason for even calling it "Resident Evil". (Even just the first movie.) If It got worse in the sequels, then that just makes it worse.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Oh, that makes sense. As to what any of this has to do with anything, well, ask GATSU, he's the one that started the tangent.

Speaking of off topic discussions, someone needs to get back to me about pencil boards. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

On the CG Biohazard/Resident Evil movie, since it's supposed to be an original story, I wonder if they'll set it in the traditional Raccoon City (before it went poof) or some completely new setting. I also wonder if they'll include any cannon characters in minor roles. It's really too bad I can't read Japanese. Sad
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:28 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Huh? My point is that there was no reason for even calling it "Resident Evil". (Even just the first movie.) If It got worse in the sequels, then that just makes it worse.

To me, Resident Evil just seemed like the closest thing to the Video games.....to a point. It just feeled like it was closely adhering to the VG.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Found a trailer via AICN Anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3