• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion 1.0 Film Gets DVD in Japan in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdeformed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
If ADV and Gainax are invested together into getting out teh live ation Eva movie, then I think it's safe tom say that perhaps there's some agreement that ADV automatically gets first dibs on getting this here. They've done a good job and have dedicated fans so i tihnk it's all good if they get it...

And anyone else think that perhaps these new flicks are part of an effort to boost awareness/test the waters and rewrite/simplify Eva for a wider audience all for the sake of the live action project? I certainly think that's part of it...

I doubt it. I don't think anyone considers that movie to be nothing short of a joke and a pipe dream. I doubt it will seriously garner any attention outside of a niche American audience. I doubt it will even be finished unless Speed Racer and Dragon Ball do a killing in the American box office. Yes, to Hollywood Eva is no different that Speed Racer and Dragon Ball.

I think Anno wanted a nice paycheck and as an artist to fix something he did while not in the best state of mine.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Devavrata

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I've checked the link in CDJapan, and was a bit disappointed when I noticed that there is no English subtitle.

For those who knows better about anime industry:

Is it possible at this stage to petition that the DVD at least contain
English subtitles ?

I really expect GAINAX will follow Studio Ghibli who provides English sub in all their R2 DVD releases. Given that the premier outside Japan *must have* English sub at some point, I hope it is not too much work.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:12 am Reply with quote
superdeformed wrote:
I think Anno wanted a nice paycheck and as an artist to fix something he did while not in the best state of mine.

Anno was satisfied with Eva as it turned out. So was Tsurumaki. And if he was just looking for easy money he would have done this many years ago. God knows how many people have been clamoring for it. I don't know why everyone takes every single opportunity to take potshots at him. If you think he's weak, then why do you have to expend so much effort destroying him?

And for the last time....Bandai Visual USA WILL NOT license these movies, as they did not participate in production.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3