• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Rescues Seirei no Moribito License

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
la_contessa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
Splitter wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
IIRC Sirabella's gone on record somewhere (maybe the AoD forums) as saying "I don't want the incomplete stuff, but I'm interested in Geneon's unreleased titles." That's probably why.

HOPE FOR NANOHA!!!! COME ON, JOHN!!! YOU KNOW WE WANT IT!!! YOU KNOW WE WANT IT!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, I concur!! I would very much like to watch Nanoha Anime smile
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote
la_contessa wrote:
Splitter wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:
IIRC Sirabella's gone on record somewhere (maybe the AoD forums) as saying "I don't want the incomplete stuff, but I'm interested in Geneon's unreleased titles." That's probably why.

HOPE FOR NANOHA!!!! COME ON, JOHN!!! YOU KNOW WE WANT IT!!! YOU KNOW WE WANT IT!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yes, I concur!! I would very much like to watch Nanoha Anime smile

Well, John Sirabella just posted this on the AoD forum, so there's a good possibility than Nanoha might be one of them.
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
In the case of Rozen Maiden, the sales were bad by most accounts. The show has limited appeal outside of a niche fanbase, so it's dead. Period. No one is going to license rescue something that won't sell well and has only two discs left to go, regardless of how good a series it is or how much the fans who do care want it. (And forget about the OVA.)

Maybe they don't have to, if what John Sirabella said comes true.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Is this a true license rescue, or simply Media Blasters acting as distributor?

I'm assuming that MB is acting more like a distributor to the title instead of them actually acquiring the license, especially since the English language track for the series is all but completed and paid for.

John's comment on AoD makes it sound like its MB's and MB's alone.

Between this, confirmation that GaioGaiGar will be completed and in a nice cheap set to boot, and the news that he's got two more in line (odds that one of them is Nanoha seem very, very high), this has been a very good week for MB as far as I'm concerned.
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
Is this a true license rescue, or simply Media Blasters acting as distributor?

Most of us would consider it a rescue because we now get to buy the DVDs, but it's not a "true rescue" (assuming that I understand what you mean by that - that MB has acquired all rights) because Geneon is still "managing its portfolio."

But neither is Media Blasters 'simply acting as a distributor', since they'll be handling physical production and marketing (a big deal that) as well as distribution (i.e. the things associated with selling DVDs that Geneon got out of the business of doing).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4