• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Allison & Lillia (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluepita

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Anybody have an idea of content rating on this show? I'm trying to find out if it is appropriate for my 10 yr old, violence, maturity, and secual behavior wise.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote
bluepita wrote:
Anybody have an idea of content rating on this show? I'm trying to find out if it is appropriate for my 10 yr old, violence, maturity, and secual behavior wise.

It is very child-friendly, at least from my point of view. There is some conspiracy and very mild violence; I'd say it's somewhere in between TV-G and TV-PG. Overall it's a pretty optimistic show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I would say the violence is a half-step above mild (we do see people getting killed, although there is little to no blood), but it's infrequent. As for sexual content, it's pretty much non-existent. The closest that gets to anything objectionable is a couple of suggestive comments in one scene that a ten-year old probably wouldn't put much thought into.
Killer_Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
does lillia ever end up knowing that major travas is her father?
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I finally got around to seeing the first episode of this, and it seems like it's right up my alley. There's one thing that has to be said, though:

Cutest. Eyecatch. Ever.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm up to episode 9, and at this point I think the ANN Encylopedia rating is way too low. A rating around 7.8 would be more appropriate for this show thus far IMO, not a 7.1. Fair production values, characters you actually end up caring about, and a cute story that actually has substance but doesn't take itself too seriously warrants this series to be rated just under an 8.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
I'm up to episode 9, and at this point I think the ANN Encylopedia rating is way too low. A rating around 7.8 would be more appropriate for this show thus far IMO, not a 7.1. Fair production values, characters you actually end up caring about, and a cute story that actually has substance but doesn't take itself too seriously warrants this series to be rated just under an 8.

I think low 7 is about right for the rating, and I disagree about the show not taking itself too seriously. The morals of the most of the plot arcs are very heavy-handed, and a number of the situations the protagonists find themselves in are too ridiculous to not be played as parody (which I don't get the impression they are). The way the first Lillia story turned out dropped the show's rating a notch for me. Just wait until you see how they use spoiler[a plane full of orphans.]

It does have its charm, though. If it didn't, I would have dropped it when subs releases became infrequent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6